PORTAL GLITCH FAQ: Missing a portal? Portals swapped between characters?

#51xfyrenxPosted 8/28/2012 12:24:01 PMmessage detail
Also, just to reiterate something that's said in the game tutorials, if you can't seem to be able to access portals, ZOOM IN on the map.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#52MysteryVeilPosted 8/28/2012 3:54:15 PMmessage detail
MysteryVeil posted...
I've done every single one of these tricks and none have worked.

Still can't get special portal 3 and 6 for Riku in CoM, and special portal 2 and 3 for Riku in TWTNW.

Both characters appear to be getting the same forecast, which seems to be a bizzare mix of both characters' portals.

Have all other portals.

Well, somehow I managed to sort it out, and I got all the portals I was missing. (Not quite sure how I managed to do it, though replaying some of the portals I did seemed to help...)
---
"I want everybody I meet to remember me. Inside people's memories, I can live forever." -Lea (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)
#53Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 10/4/2012 4:09:40 PMmessage detail
I thought this was strange when I tried farming Brilliant Fantasies in TWTNW with Riku and the forcast had a Pegaslick sillouette when I had done all three portals before.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#54TakaoldariaPosted 5/16/2013 12:56:53 AMmessage detail(edited)
Additional note : The glitch seems to able to occur at random.
For example, I Dropped to Riku in the Country of Musketeers, and a inaccessible portal was on the staircase in the Theater.

This particular occurrence is also pretty common for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png Gen V RNG Abuser, and proud of it!
3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308
#55xfyrenxPosted 5/22/2013 8:44:11 AMmessage detail
Additional note : The glitch seems to able to occur at random.
For example, I Dropped to Riku in the Country of Musketeers, and a inaccessible portal was on the staircase in the Theater.

This particular occurrence is also pretty common for me.

Are you sure you weren't just zoomed out on the map? Because the glitch is about getting the wrong portals, not being unable to access them if they're there.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#56TakaoldariaPosted 5/23/2013 3:30:49 PMmessage detail
xfyrenx posted...

Are you sure you weren't just zoomed out on the map? Because the glitch is about getting the wrong portals, not being unable to access them if they're there.

Sure. The portal was on the part of the staircase leading to the upper floor, and when I reach the Portal, the upper floor's map is shown on the bottom screen without the Portal, making it inaccessible.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png Gen V RNG Abuser, and proud of it!
3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308
#57xfyrenxPosted 5/24/2013 10:54:57 PMmessage detail
xfyrenx posted...

Sure. The portal was on the part of the staircase leading to the upper floor, and when I reach the Portal, the upper floor's map is shown on the bottom screen without the Portal, making it inaccessible.

Isn't that particular portal on the bottom floor? Because of the way the map works it doesn't show the elevation of the portals.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#58Auron_XigbarPosted 6/6/2013 3:06:35 PMmessage detail
Just thought I should mention, I got the swapped portal glitch shortly after Rikku's forced drop in Traverse Town (after defeating Beat's spirits).

This was after starting a new game.
---
--- This is my story... and you're not part of it! ~ Auron (Kingdom Hearts II)
#59chaingear097Posted 7/13/2013 1:22:19 PMmessage detail
Why Am I getting three consecutive Aura Lion silhouettes in Sora's last world(THE WORLD THAT NEVER WAS) where only the first and third are labeled as DONE? Just to be clear, it states in my Report that I have already finished Special Portal 1, the Aura Lion one, in that world.

Consulting the Special Portal FAQ there should be only one Aura Lion. The others should be a Pegaslick and a Ryu Dragon.

Does this mean, Riku's Aura Lion Portal got switched over to Sora's side or something?

I have also dropped 4 times and it still seems to persist

For reference the only Portal I have done on Riku's side is Portal 2 (The Pegaslick one).

I have never seen the T-rex silhouette on either forecasts either,
---
Now ur looking for the secret. But you wont find it because of course, ur not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be, fooled.....
#60Kashi294Posted 12/3/2013 9:33:05 PMmessage detail
Hi,

I have combed over many different discussion boards about the portals in Dream Drop Distance and i can't find anything on the glitch I'm having. So I just purchased the game and am completely done with Traverse town as in I have found all the chests and beat the boss with both Riku and sora.

Here's my problem I can't seem to get secret portals 4-6 to appear for either character. I have completed the first three special portals for both Sora and Riku, but portals 4-6 do not appear and I have been dropping for about an hour now. I have also tried switching the game on and off and I have also tried leaving and re-entering Traverse town from a different location.
The portals I can't get are,

SORA
-Special Portal 4-
Second District / 3*
Zippy zapmeister / Thunderaffe
Perform 3 counters

-Special Portal 5-
Fifth District / 3*
Zippy zapmeister / Thunderaffe
Use no X commands

-Special Portal 6-
Fountain Plaza / 4*