We don't know why Xehanort...

#51fuzzyhunter0608Posted 10/3/2012 4:49:04 PM
ShiningBlader posted...
fuzzyhunter0608 posted...
That doesn't really matter. Nothing was ever contradicted, we just assumed that the Ansem that everyone talked about during the first visit to Traverse Town and the Ansem that we met at the end of the game were the same person,

And why would we think they weren't? Was ANYTHING in the game to even imply the opposite?

and KH2 said that they, in fact, were not. Retcon, yes. Contradiction, yes.

Fix'ed.

There was absolutely nothing saying that they were the same person. Not a contradiction, period.
---
"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." - John Steinbeck
#52ShiningBladerPosted 10/3/2012 4:59:56 PM(edited)
ShiningBlader posted...
That doesn't really matter. Nothing was ever contradicted, we just assumed that the Ansem that everyone talked about during the first visit to Traverse Town and the Ansem that we met at the end of the game were the same person,

And why would we think they weren't? Was ANYTHING in the game to even imply the opposite?

and KH2 said that they, in fact, were not. Retcon, yes. Contradiction, yes.

Fix'ed.

There was absolutely nothing saying that they were the same person. Not a contradiction, period.

omfg I give up... you really like straws don't you?

Next thing you'll say that time does not flow differently in the realm of darkness because there is nothing in the game that tells us that, even if Aqua and AnsemTW are talking to each other in the secret ending...
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#53fuzzyhunter0608Posted 10/3/2012 5:04:35 PM
I'm sorry, I was just doing exactly what you did, nothing more.

Fact is, there was nothing pointing in either direction, apart from them having the same name. The conclusion that both Ansems were the same person was an assumption - a very valid one, one that I'm pretty sure nobody would deny thinking at some point. But it's just that - an assumption. There was no contradiction, because there was nothing to contradict. They never said it was the same person, so the fact they they aren't isn't contradicting anything.
---
"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." - John Steinbeck
#54Winners_ProofPosted 10/4/2012 5:58:29 AM
ShiningBlader posted...

One thing is to state that Xehanort would return. That part is OBVIOUS because he is the main villain after all

Another thing is Xehanort returning in a different form from how he was when he got split in another two beings and the fact that a younger version of himself travels trough time and carries those 2 once defeated beings alongside a bunch of others. All of this for a clash that wasn't foreshadowed in ANY way prior to DDD. Hell, even before DDD the x-blade was supposed to be made with only 2 people and it was NEVER implied the opposite in any way until DDD. RETCON here people!

You can give props to Nomura for many things but if there is a thing that he isn't capable of doing right is definitely telling a story.

And how Xehanorty did return as MX will be explained in KHIII so complaining about it now is just looking for something to be upset about. It's the exact same clash we see in DDD, just with different numbers and Xehanort himself said he had many roads to take. I don't believe it was ever said that it was supposed to be made with only 2 people. And if it was said you needed 7 lights and 13 darknesses in BBS then the entire game would make no sense so they'd have to have not brought that up.
---
"Follow the hearts and you'll find the way. That's something Yen Sid taught me once." King Mickey
People who think I'm a winner: 4
#55SSJ_JinPosted 10/4/2012 7:05:03 AM
And obviously Nomura will make something up - it's a fictional story.

Winners_Proof posted...
He'll make up something? Nah, he'll draw from real life experiences he's had with heartless and nobodies, obviously.

Without trying to be rude.....are people this clueless? Honestly. Do I really need to elaborate what I'm referring to on him making stuff up? Really? Really? C'mon people. Just think sometimes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#56ShiningBladerPosted 10/4/2012 7:07:15 AM
Winners_Proof posted...
I don't believe it was ever said that it was supposed to be made with only 2 people.

Go troll somewhere else.

And if it was said you needed 7 lights and 13 darknesses in BBS then the entire game would make no sense so they'd have to have not brought that up.

OR you could just not change anything at all?! This was all just so that Nomura can justify having all the past enemies back for a final battle
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#57ShiningBladerPosted 10/4/2012 7:08:59 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Without trying to be rude.....are people this clueless? Honestly. Do I really need to elaborate what I'm referring to on him making stuff up? Really? Really? C'mon people. Just think sometimes.

Is called "playing dumb". Don't worry, everyone here is well aware of what you meant
---
#58GlavewurmPosted 10/4/2012 7:32:34 AM(edited)

Doesn't Leon mention that no one knew why their ruler suddenly went bonkers?

*Edit* I hate this new ad layout, never notice the second page.

Also, not saying that that means that Ansem=/=Ansem was planned, just that it gives wiggle room.
---
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20120528.gif
#59SSJ_JinPosted 10/4/2012 7:26:37 AM
I'm sorry, I was just doing exactly what you did, nothing more.

Fact is, there was nothing pointing in either direction, apart from them having the same name. The conclusion that both Ansems were the same person was an assumption - a very valid one, one that I'm pretty sure nobody would deny thinking at some point. But it's just that - an assumption. There was no contradiction, because there was nothing to contradict. They never said it was the same person, so the fact they they aren't isn't contradicting anything.

SPOILERS

C'mon man. The whole point of Ansem's reports in KH1 was to give some backstory on the main villain. Otherwise he would have just popped outta nowhere and people be like, "uhh who is this now?" Heck it still was kinda like that.

Nomura didn't know how KH would do. Ansem was Ansem back then. Then in KH2 he changed it. Or he very may well have changed it with Final Mix. Xemnas did appear in there after all. Who knows.

Take KH that killed Ansem. Isn't DDD the first game to say, "actually it was a world of hearts?"

I know it seems like I'm hating on Nomura, but he just can't tell a story. I was asked if I ever read his interviews before, and yes I have. The problem is I don't believe him. Again, FF7 is proof of this. Don't get me wrong. I like FF7 and Kingdom Hearts. But the man doesn't plan ahead. I'm not saying that's good or bad. It's just fact.

It's not like he's the only one who does it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#60Hirokey123Posted 10/4/2012 7:38:09 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...

Take KH that killed Ansem. Isn't DDD the first game to say, "actually it was a world of hearts?"

Actually

Ansem's reports in KH1
The secret Ansem reports in KH2
Nomura's interviews for KH2FM+
Master Xehanort's reports in BBS.

All said it but they were still vague most of the time, BBS and DDD is where it was made really clear what happened.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me