The Keyhole Wiki

#21MM125Posted 10/3/2012 3:49:02 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Zeanoto posted...
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Soul

lol

SPOILERS

I like the theory and think in the same vein. It makes sense, and otherwise, Lingering Sentiments seems like ass-pulls.
Since the soul gives life to something, it is plausible that Terra's soul was discarted since Xehanort got his heart and body, and it stayed on the armor, giving life to it.

That would imply that Xehanort shot his soul into Terra. We only see his heart.

slmcknett posted...
Xehanort's soul could be in Terra's body now.

Lingering Spirits being the soul of a person sounds like a fine idea to me. Especially since the series has never really touched on the aspect of souls yet.

Which reminds me of a more obvious reason that LS=/=soul. Explain Aqua.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#22TaticalWarriorPosted 10/3/2012 3:53:39 PM
MM125 posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Zeanoto posted...
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Soul

lol

SPOILERS

I like the theory and think in the same vein. It makes sense, and otherwise, Lingering Sentiments seems like ass-pulls.
Since the soul gives life to something, it is plausible that Terra's soul was discarted since Xehanort got his heart and body, and it stayed on the armor, giving life to it.

That would imply that Xehanort shot his soul into Terra. We only see his heart.

slmcknett posted...
Xehanort's soul could be in Terra's body now.

Lingering Spirits being the soul of a person sounds like a fine idea to me. Especially since the series has never really touched on the aspect of souls yet.

Which reminds me of a more obvious reason that LS=/=soul. Explain Aqua.

1) Xehanort soul must have gone somewhere. There isno body left. Everything was fused into Terra. >_>

2) She just briefly animated it. It doesn't moves anymore, while LS does. And it talks as well. Or are you really trying to tell me that Aqua put her mind on her armor and is a mindless person inside the Dark Realm? Of course not. So my point still stands.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#23Hirokey123Posted 10/3/2012 3:58:10 PM
And you believe Xehanort's soul wouldn't stay in the body because?

Xehanort's body still existed somewhere in limbo if it never became a nobody at some point ergo his body would be alive just mindless like Kairi's was, except Kairi's remained in light while Xehanort's would logically fall into darkness with the rest of his body.

And again you see, to have the idea that Terra has to give up something to make LS. Terra didn't, he just focused his thoughts into his armor to bring it to life. That's all that's in that armor, some lingering thought from Terra.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#24DrunkBeardGuyPosted 10/3/2012 4:00:35 PM
Syaeph posted...
We do accept criticism

Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries!
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#25MM125Posted 10/3/2012 4:01:06 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
1) Xehanort soul must have gone somewhere. There isno body left. Everything was fused into Terra. >_>

2) She just briefly animated it. It doesn't moves anymore, while LS does. And it talks as well. Or are you really trying to tell me that Aqua put her mind on her armor and is a mindless person inside the Dark Realm? Of course not. So my point still stands.

1) Faded out with his body, presumably. His body was very much alive, and if DDD is any indication, still is. If his body didn't decompose after 12 years, then it must have been alive for that time, therefore, it had his soul.

2) No. I'm not saying anything close to that. That's what YOUR logic is saying. What I'm saying is that if an LS is a soul, then Aqua should be dead. She's not, therefore, LS-es aren't souls. Furthermore, the soul is the spark of life, not the mind. Aqua's LS could still talk even after 12 years. She's not animating it.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
#26TaticalWarriorPosted 10/3/2012 4:29:33 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
And you believe Xehanort's soul wouldn't stay in the body because?

Xehanort's body still existed somewhere in limbo if it never became a nobody at some point ergo his body would be alive just mindless like Kairi's was, except Kairi's remained in light while Xehanort's would logically fall into darkness with the rest of his body.

And again you see, to have the idea that Terra has to give up something to make LS. Terra didn't, he just focused his thoughts into his armor to bring it to life. That's all that's in that armor, some lingering thought from Terra.

He doesn't needs to give something up. It just happens that his leftovers remained there.

1) Faded out with his body, presumably. His body was very much alive, and if DDD is any indication, still is. If his body didn't decompose after 12 years, then it must have been alive for that time, therefore, it had his soul.

Presumably.

2) No. I'm not saying anything close to that. That's what YOUR logic is saying. What I'm saying is that if an LS is a soul, then Aqua should be dead. She's not, therefore, LS-es aren't souls. Furthermore, the soul is the spark of life, not the mind. Aqua's LS could still talk even after 12 years. She's not animating it.

So you are out of the point here, I am saying that Aqua just briefly animated the armor, and it wasn't a case of her putting her soul on the armor. We know for a fact that LS is Terra's mind, and if Aqua had did the same to the armor, she would be without her mind, so therefore, it is obvious that Aqua did a different method than Terra. And where in the heck Aqua's armor talked?
---
#27Hirokey123Posted 10/3/2012 4:34:18 PM
You don't seem to get it, LS is not Terra's mind. Terra's mind is in his heart.

LS are Terra's thoughts, things he thought and felt he focused those thoughts and feelings into his armor bringing it to life. A thought is something your mind makes, it is not your mind.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#28SupKaiokenSonicPosted 10/3/2012 4:55:47 PM
And where in the heck Aqua's armor talked?

Xigbar mentioned hearing two voices whenever Xemnas went to the Chamber of Awakening(?) (Xemnas would visit Aqua's armor now and then, probably how he learned about Ven in CO)
---
"Your body submits; your heart succumbs. So why do dem pantz resist!?!" - Shabugabugabuga
#29MM125Posted 10/3/2012 4:55:56 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Presumably.

So your only rebuttal to logic is that it is logic, and not something explicitly stated? If Xehanort's soul wasn't in his body, his body was dead. Yet we see it in DDD. Therefore, it's only logical that his soul was in his body.

TaticalWarrior posted...
So you are out of the point here, I am saying that Aqua just briefly animated the armor, and it wasn't a case of her putting her soul on the armor. We know for a fact that LS is Terra's mind, and if Aqua had did the same to the armor, she would be without her mind, so therefore, it is obvious that Aqua did a different method than Terra. And where in the heck Aqua's armor talked?

She didn't just briefly animate it. In KH2FM, Xigbar claims that when he's stalking Xemnas he sometimes hears a voice other than Xemnas. The only other thing in the Chamber of Repose is Aqua's armor, ergo, it must be an LS.

And we know for a fact that Terra's LS is NOT his mind. In Blank Points, Terra and Xehanort have an argument inside their fused heart. Arguing requires a mind.

Let me clarify. An LS is imprint of a person's mind. A copy of a few of their thoughts an emotions. Not their actual mind.
---
#30TaticalWarriorPosted 10/3/2012 4:58:23 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
You don't seem to get it, LS is not Terra's mind. Terra's mind is in his heart.

LS are Terra's thoughts, things he thought and felt he focused those thoughts and feelings into his armor bringing it to life. A thought is something your mind makes, it is not your mind.

Terranort asks to the LS "Your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resists?". He clearly says that the resistence is coming from the mind, and it is LS who is resisting.
Therefore, the mind can't be from the heart, since the heart is fused into Terranort.
---