How are you guys doing this? T_T (Lvl1CM)

#1CrabhammarPosted 10/6/2012 12:32:47 PM(edited)
Wargoyle as Riku... this guy is a wake-up call boss. Seriously, I do 10 min' worth of damage to get struck down in two seconds. Any strategies?

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#2TwiGavPosted 10/6/2012 12:24:52 PM
I'd say Rinzler is more of a wake-up-call boss, though I DID have a ton of trouble with Sora's Wargoyle. Riku's is much easier. What difficulty are you on?
---
I like Maude Adams.
#3Mikey_RPosted 10/6/2012 12:24:57 PM
Although I haven't attempted a level 1 run yet,

Dark barrier, Once More and Second Chance are probably essential or recommended.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#4Hirokey123Posted 10/6/2012 12:26:01 PM
Well the cheap way is get over to the place you can use faith line and then spam the flow motion attack while your on the rail to warp strike him.

But otherwise I just sorta..battle him...he really is pretty straightforward as far as bosses go.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#5eixeeeePosted 10/6/2012 12:32:28 PM
Wargoyle on Level 1 CM?

Dark Barrier is mostly meh here, all of his attacks are easily dodged because they're all well telegraphed. You should be up in the air, of course.

Dark Firaga and Balloonra or anything that tracks is fine. It didn't take me long to defeat him at all, so perhaps you need to practice dodging his attacks?

If you want access to Spirit Roar, you have to make sure your DE's stay on the roof - if they fall down you can go land and press L+R to call them back.

As for Rinzler - one use of Vanish = GG. I'm not even joking.
#6Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:32:35 PM
TwiGav posted...
I'd say Rinzler is more of a wake-up-call boss, though I DID have a ton of trouble with Sora's Wargoyle. Riku's is much easier. What difficulty are you on?

Level 1 Critical Mode. It's a fresh New Game, so I don't have Once More or Dark Barrier. The only useful things I have are Second Chance, Dark Firaga, and Shadowbreaker from the AR Dream Eaters.

And by golly, this is the hardest thing ever.
---
#7eixeeeePosted 10/6/2012 12:34:41 PM
Even without SC and OM, this guy is easy. You just have less room for error, because you've started fresh. I did warn you that you'd be making things much harder on yourself. :)
#8Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:39:42 PM(edited)
Hmm, he does telegraph his attacks quite a bit. And you did warn me :P

I really wish I didn't equip Sonic Impact, though. The ending lag is not helping me out :/ I have two more questions:

What is the earliest DE that gives Spirit Roar?

What other attacks besides Dark Firaga and Balloonra should I be spamming?

---
#9SugarBoogersPosted 10/6/2012 12:45:23 PM
TwiGav posted...

In the sense that he makes you go "eh cool, this is what block is"? Sure.
#10eixeeeePosted 10/6/2012 12:49:26 PM(edited)
Crabhammar posted...
Hmm, he does telegraph his attacks quite a bit. And you did warn me :P

I really wish I didn't equip Sonic Impact, though. The ending lag is not helping me out :/ I have two more questions:

What is the earliest DE that gives Spirit Roar?

What other attacks besides Dark Firaga and Balloonra should I be spamming?

Take Sonic Impact off, it's more a hindrance then it is helpful. (The same applies to Reprisals, ignore those)

Earliest access of Spirit Roar would be... Yoggy Ram? Pretty sure he comes with Protect and Shell too, so grab him. :)

And like I said, anything that tracks is fine. The important thing is to stay airborne, watch for attacks first, then attack during his cooldown. If you're careful enough, you should get through with no damage.

I also highly recommend Vanish... but you won't have access for a while.

Vanish makes several bosses so much easier.
Edit: Not Wargoyle-R though. Doesn't work on him, but does for Sora.