CYOA: Dirge of the Forgotten

#1keybladesrusPosted 11/29/2012 7:22:09 AM(edited)
Time for my first CYOA. Just a warning, though: this WILL have Bad Ends, but not until much later (assuming it lasts long enough), and the endings will make sense. I'm not going to have any characters just randomly die. I can't really think of anything else to say, so let's begin!

Prologue

Darkness. That was all the man knew anymore. For decades, the man had wandered through the Realm of Darkness. Many ages had passed since the man had been banished to this accursed realm, but for him, it had been only decades.

But decades were enough. The man had forgotten the sun, the blue sky, the rustling of leaves. The man had forgotten himself. His world was darkness, and that is all that he knew.

So he walked. With no goal in mind, he walked through the endless darkness. Many creatures had tried to attack him, and he vanquished them all. From the shadows they rose, and to the shadows they fell. Some were weak, and some were strong, but they all fell in the end.

That is, until a new man appeared before him. The man wore a black coat and had long, silver hair. His skin was dark, and his eyes were gold. Those eyes burned themselves into the man's memory. Those eyes were cold and unfeeling, yet radiated confidence. Arrogance. This was a man who knew that he could not be beaten and had countless victories under his belt to prove it.

The man called himself Xemnas. He spoke to the man, trying to gain his loyalty. The man refused. He attacked Xemnas without hesitation. Regardless of the power in those eyes, this Xemnas was in the way. The man had to continue walking. Forever walking in the darkness. For darkness was all that he knew.

But Xemnas was much more than the man had expected. For the first time in the man's memory, he experienced the bitter taste of defeat. Within an instant, the man found himself on the ground, unable to summon the strength to get up.

Xemnas spoke again, and this time the man listened. Xemnas had a plan for the man, and the man would obey. The man did not know what Xemnas wanted of him, but when the time came, he would be released from the darkness. He would once again feel the sun, see the sky, and hear the rustling leaves. For the first time in decades, the man had a purpose, though he did not yet know what it would be.

Though the man was no match for Xemnas, he held a power that he himself had long forgotten. Xemnas knew of it, but did not let the man know. The man must only remember when the time came. His power was unique. Once remembered, this power would cause the very worlds to tremble in fear.

Xemnas left the man, promising to return when the time came. For the first time in decades, the man stopped walking.

The man waited.

More coming, so don't post anything yet.
---
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha
#2keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:24:35 AM
CHAPTER 1

DEEP DIVE

Nox was falling. He was falling through a deep, dark ocean, but he didnít feel scared. He felt warm.

He landed gently on the bottom. A light appeared between his feet. As it spread, white doves flew off from around the edges of the light. The light formed a large circle. Nox covered his eyes, but the light soon faded, revealing a large platform. Taking up half of the platform, was a large picture of himself. To the left of his picture selfís head was pictures of his best friends: Ranna, Zen, and Serah.

Welcome, a voice said. Nox felt the words in his heart more than he heard it. Please step forward. Donít be scared. Nox stepped forward to the center of the platform. Three blocks appeared around him.

On the first block was a sword. Its guard was had a symbol shaped like a circle with two smaller circles at the top. It reminded Nox of a mouse. He could feel power radiating from its blade.

On the second block was a shield. It had the same mouse shape in the middle of it. Nox felt that this shield would be able to protect him from almost anything.

On the final platform was a small, staff-like weapon with the mouse shape at the top of it. The staff radiated hope and made Nox feel like he could accomplish anything he set his mind to.

Your heart has been deemed worthy and you have been chosen to wield a very special weapon, the voice said. But first, you must answer one simple question. Will you take the power to defeat any foe that stands in your way, the power to protect your beliefs and your friends, or the hope that fills the worlds with light?

Choose wisely, as this decision may affect your very destiny.

What will you pick?

a) The sword. I will crush any who threaten me or my friends!
b) The shield. My friends give me strength, so as long as I protect them, I will prevail!
c) The wand. As long as I have hope in my heart, victory will come.
---
#3ninjarauiPosted 11/29/2012 7:37:04 AM
I choose The WAND!!!!!
#4Sword_of_DuskPosted 11/29/2012 8:10:14 AM
Quick question: Did I inspire this? 'Cause if I did, that would be cool. Of course, I don't expect that to be the case, so whatever.

Anyway, I think I'll take the sword. It is my favorite weapon.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#5keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:13:56 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
Quick question: Did I inspire this? 'Cause if I did, that would be cool. Of course, I don't expect that to be the case, so whatever.

No, you didn't inspire this. Could you post a link to what you're talking about though?
---
#6kwando1313Posted 11/29/2012 9:14:07 AM
Sword all the way man.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#7Sword_of_DuskPosted 11/29/2012 9:28:56 AM
keybladesrus posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...

No, you didn't inspire this. Could you post a link to what you're talking about though?

This here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/64554910
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#8HyperGregarPosted 11/29/2012 9:48:02 AM
I choose the sword.
---
ROCK LOBSTER!!
#9keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:48:54 AM
So far:

Sword: 3
Shield: 0
Wand: 1

How much time is usually allowed for voting in these things anyway?
---
#10afrodude77Posted 11/29/2012 5:53:00 PM
I`ll go with A for voting time it depends on the author usually it`s a couple of days
---
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---