Why did Kindom Hearts get so complicated over the years?

#1Scarecrow1711Posted 12/19/2012 1:20:42 PM
I remeber traveling form world to world battle Heartless alongside my favorite Disney characters. Now, we have nobody's hearts, Xemnas, some other guy who can control darkness, dream tests, seven legendary keyblade warriors, former nobody's who re-gained their memory, and all that craziness.
---
GT: Ru3 1711 Add me nao!
Hobonet - Internet for the homeless. Now available under a bridge near you!
#2englishhedgehogPosted 12/19/2012 1:21:43 PM
Kindom hearts is very complicated. Kingdom hearts? Not so much.
---
...Because its fun.
#3RinkuTanukiPosted 12/19/2012 1:22:20 PM
Kindom Hearts... is FAMILYYYYYYYYY
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#4FuzzyJelloPosted 12/19/2012 1:37:47 PM
Because the structure of the series universe is so limited (Nomura basically cannot use 75% of the galaxy because its Disney) combined with Nomura's insistence on reinventing the wheel (New enemies, new rules of universe, new exceptions to those rules, new god end bosses) with every game. Either that or coming up with story elements explicitly to justify games, not games to justify stories (Days, Coded, Re:Coded).

Which is sad because Birth by Sleep outlined pretty nicely that they make a lot more sense when they're self-contained.
#5I eat foodPosted 12/19/2012 1:58:59 PM
Because Nomura took Sakaguchi's advice to make the sequel a little more complex way to far.
---
"It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do."
The official Lightning of the Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 board.
#6Hirokey123Posted 12/19/2012 2:32:00 PM
Because when Nomura knew his first game get a sequel he started actually attempting at writing a story that was something worth while and could actually become something. It all started with KH1FM introducing Xemnas and Roxas and deep dive.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7perrycox42Posted 12/19/2012 2:32:26 PM
Because it's better this way
#8Leon_HisaragiPosted 12/19/2012 3:22:02 PM
I agree TC. I think its completely unnecessary and removes the delicate, simple charm in favor of complexity just for the sake of it. Not that maturing a plot is bad, but its gone way past that point.

FuzzyJello posted...
Because the structure of the series universe is so limited (Nomura basically cannot use 75% of the galaxy because its Disney) combined with Nomura's insistence on reinventing the wheel (New enemies, new rules of universe, new exceptions to those rules, new god end bosses) with every game. Either that or coming up with story elements explicitly to justify games, not games to justify stories (Days, Coded, Re:Coded).

Which is sad because Birth by Sleep outlined pretty nicely that they make a lot more sense when they're self-contained.

This explains a good portion of how I feel, especially the bold and what you said about BBS.
---
I Never know what to put in these.
#9KMAnsemPosted 12/19/2012 3:26:33 PM(edited)
I remeber traveling form world to world battle Heartless alongside my favorite Disney characters.

You say that like it's not still 90% of any given game in the series.

Now, we have nobody's hearts, Xemnas, some other guy who can control darkness, dream tests, seven legendary keyblade warriors, former nobody's who re-gained their memory, and all that craziness.

You say that like it's any crazier than what we started out with.

Nobodies? Heartless. Xemnas? Ansem. Guys who control darkness? Ansem again. And Maleficent. And Riku. And whoever else. Seven lights? Seven Princesses of pure heart. Former Nobodies? Sora was a former Heartless.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#10bakkahentai8600Posted 12/19/2012 3:36:08 PM
The truth is that Kingdom Hearts isn't overly complicated, it just feels that way because:

1) Nomura didn't have a complete idea really until KHIIFM of where his story was going to fully go because the series wasn't that guaranteed.

2) The games didn't come out in order after KHII. Had we gone, KHIFM, CoM, 358/2, KHIIFM, Re:Coded, BBS, and then DDD it would feel more chronological and straight forward.

Also, yes, Re:Coded coming ut before BBS makes sense cause it kind of helps set the game up with Mickey's reaction and BBS's secret ending ends with Sora already have read Mickey's letter and BBS really sets up MX for DDD as well as Coded's secret ending bout Riku and Sora having to take a mastery exam opens up questions to be answered for BBS.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk