Will we eventually stop saying "MF"?

#1Zak6009Posted 12/29/2012 9:50:14 PM
The secret fight with Xemnas in KH1FM, EVERYONE now calls "Xemnas", not "Unknown". Same with KH2 Terranort. But neither were named when it came out.

And yet... here we are, still referring to the LoD fight in BBS as "MF". At least, from what I see. But we know who he is, he's not mysterious anymore! I'd like to wonder if it'll wear off eventually like the above... has the name "Mysterious Figure" permanently stuck?

Where did that name come from anyway? It's used like it's a trademark... Isn't he "Unknown" in the Journal?
#2KMAnsemPosted 12/29/2012 9:53:10 PM
I don't know. I still use "Terra's Lingering Spirit" to differentiate that fight from any of the Terranort ones in BBS. That way, you're dealing with Terra's LS and Terranort, not just Terra and Terra.

I still call Xemnas the Enigmatic Man when I'm specifically referring to that fight, too.

Where did that name come from anyway? It's used like it's a trademark... Isn't he "Unknown" in the Journal?

The strategy guide.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#3Nerwrax15Posted 12/29/2012 10:26:59 PM
Because MF sums that guy up quite nicely.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#4Jak13Posted 12/29/2012 10:28:44 PM
Because MF sums that guy up quite nicely.

---
"Ganondorf needs to forget everything he's ever learned about tennis and train to become a competent sword fighter." - RATTfink138
#5Carbuncle009Posted 12/29/2012 10:29:54 PM
Once KH3 is released, the usage of that name will decrease drastically.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#6slmcknettPosted 12/29/2012 11:22:47 PM
First of all, Lingering Spirit isn't Terranort. It's just Terra's...will, or something.

Second of all, MF is so much cooler than the loser that is Youngnort.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#7Zak6009(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 12:34:44 AM(edited)
slmcknett posted...
First of all, Lingering Spirit isn't Terranort. It's just Terra's...will, or something.

Now that I think about it, I bet if America got the above FM bosses I mentioned above, they would feel "cooler" than the characters they are supposed to be as well as have enough of a following to have their own trademark name.

Also, your right. The Lingering whatever thing in KH2 is what Terra's final boss is, and nothing more. Not Terranort or any other Terra or nort. Hence the music.
#8slmcknettPosted 12/30/2012 12:41:51 AM
Zak6009 posted...
Now that I think about it, I bet if America got the above FM bosses I mentioned above, they would feel "cooler" than the characters they are supposed to be as well as have enough of a following to have their own trademark name.

tbf, we never got KH2FM in America, and I, regardless, think that LS is much cooler than Terra.

Unknown and Xemnas are probably even, though.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#9perrycox42Posted 12/30/2012 12:51:02 AM
Zak6009 posted...
slmcknett posted...

Also, your right. The Lingering whatever thing in KH2 is what Terra's final boss is, and nothing more. Not Terranort or any other Terra or nort. Hence the music.

More like what you control during Terra's final boss >.>
#10Zak6009(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:25:35 AM
slmcknett posted...
Zak6009 posted...

tbf, we never got KH2FM in America, and I, regardless, think that LS is much cooler than Terra.

Unknown and Xemnas are probably even, though.

Heh, I meant for there to be enough of a distinction to begin with between the two, for everyone, not just yourself.

I'll be honest, I've never played either of the FMs. I know about the bosses though, seen videos and stuff. But still, without the full-on experience, they are just names and sprites to me. Plus, the fact that I knew about the characters already before learning about them doesn't help.
MF, we all fought though. Or attempted.

I'm sure most being in the same boat is the cause of that.