With the complete failure of the Epic Mickey series...

#1QHunter1Posted 2/18/2013 12:50:22 PM
What will happen to the use of Mickey in Kingdom Hearts. A little history lesson is in order...

Kingdom Hearts was the series that taught Disney that they need not be bastard control freaks about the image their bland logo mouse had to live up to. The profits were swell and they became more permissive. Warren Spector said KH is what helped ease things to give Mickey his venture as the protagonist in the Epic Mickey games.

Now that the Epic Mickey games were verified bombs (first one only sold on pure marketing and hype up the wazoo), the fear sets in. Disney may tell SE that they are yet again going by KH1 regulations and Mickey cannot be allowed to do much at all.
#2baseball7000Posted 2/18/2013 1:08:54 PM
Nothing will happen.
---
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/index.html
Go to Programming, then Toonami, and then submit your feedback to help bring back Toonami.
#3Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/18/2013 1:18:19 PM
Nothing will happen.

---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#4MeatbaggerPosted 2/18/2013 1:52:16 PM
baseball7000 posted...
Nothing will happen.
#5TaticalWarriorPosted 2/18/2013 1:59:01 PM
I feel kinda satisfied with that >:(
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#6slmcknettPosted 2/18/2013 2:15:26 PM
baseball7000 posted...
Nothing will happen.

---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#7SentaPosted 2/18/2013 2:18:08 PM
I'm glad I snagged Epic Mickey through Gamefly for rent. Was horrible, and sent it back 2 days later. Didn't even bother looking at the second one, since I just don't see how they could make it playable after that first one..
---
http://tinyurl.com/b95dwtg
#8KMAnsemPosted 2/18/2013 2:22:16 PM
If anything, the contrast of KH's success to EM's failure will only work out in our favor.

But more likely, it'll have no effect at all. EM didn't fail because of how it used Mickey. It failed because it was a buggy, sloppily made, sometimes barely functional mess. I respect what the games tried to do, but seriously, I ran into more glitches, crippling frame-rate drops, and issues like that in Epic Mickey 2 than every other game I've played in the last few years combined.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#9QHunter1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:49:29 PM
KMAnsem posted...
If anything, the contrast of KH's success to EM's failure will only work out in our favor.

But more likely, it'll have no effect at all. EM didn't fail because of how it used Mickey. It failed because it was a buggy, sloppily made, sometimes barely functional mess. I respect what the games tried to do, but seriously, I ran into more glitches, crippling frame-rate drops, and issues like that in Epic Mickey 2 than every other game I've played in the last few years combined.

Here's hoping. Because if KH continues to thrive, then who knows. We may get our spin off with Mickey as the controllable lead as a nod to the original vision for the series. I want that made just to show that you can bring Mickey back to his Magical Quest days right.
#10Yungin_BLUPosted 2/18/2013 3:28:35 PM
Mickey is BANNED!
---
The average life is around 36,792,000 minutes long. Posting on a forum takes around one or two minutes.