Damn, got excited

#1Legendary_MusasPosted 1/12/2011 2:20:07 PM
Thought it was going to be an actual game where you race Chocobos, like raise them and race them but no it's like the old one which is like Mario Kart.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Riddle me this, riddle me that
#2moogle69Posted 1/16/2011 1:55:34 AM
it seems to be more than just racing this time round.
#3ExodiverPosted 2/10/2011 6:21:55 PM
very very excited about this game...this brings back memory back when I played it on PSX...absolutely love it, IMO it's better than mario kart.
This is FF version of Mario kart
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#4PopsicleShreddaPosted 2/15/2011 2:06:21 PM
Chocobo Racing was released for PSX in US. Did it sell good or no?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/NgpWillCrushThe3DS
#5WHATZITUYAPosted 2/17/2011 3:21:46 PM(edited)
Chocobo Racing was released for PSX in US. Did it sell good or no?

Nah, it didn't share in the success of the main series. When a Japanese game gets released in NA and doesn't make it to Europe it's usually a bad sign in the sales charts that makes the developers reconsider the worth of localization...the only time they'll still try and release a game in Europe despite flopping on the US is if it's a puzzle game like such as picross. (As a matter of fact they try and see if that particular genre succeeds in EU first from now on) Not to mention, unlike FFT...Chocobo Racing didn't have a very vocal die hard cult following in the US.

Plus, CTR (definitely my favorite mascot racer) was seen more so as the PS1's definitive Mario Kart clone by a long shot. Of course Chocobo Racing was still damn good in my eyes, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they'll go with this.
---
Let's see: Blond hair. Blue eyes. Beats the living crap out of a guy with a Hebrew name.
Yep, no doubts about it...Cloud Strife is a Nazi.
#6ExodiverPosted 2/17/2011 6:02:28 PM
coz americans like war games....figures.....
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous