Difficulty help

#1kawaiihiito94Posted 3/9/2013 2:36:13 AM
Should I choose casual or normal? I played and was on the first dungeon but I could not defeat or avoid the baboon FOE. I'm just wondering what are the setbacks in playing casual besides not getting the medals? How do I know how many medals there are and the required achievement to be done?
---
My 3DS friend code: 2079 - 5913 - 0356 :)
#2zeik56Posted 3/9/2013 2:46:14 AM
You're not supposed to defeat the baboon FOE. All FOEs can be avoided, just watch the movement pattern.

There's no explicit penalty for playing on casual, but I suggest sticking with normal. The game is more rewarding.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#3ThatSageGuyPosted 3/9/2013 3:16:14 AM
Go to the menu, and under book, look on your guild card to see the medals you've obtained. As far as I know there is only 1 medal you can not get on casual, and that is to defeat all bosses on normal.

Like zeik said, all foes can be avoided if you pay attention to their movements.

The differences between normal and casual mode (or as I like to call it, easy mode) are:

1. If your party gets killed, normally that would be game over and you restart from the last time you saved. But on casual you just get sent back to town.

2. You take roughly 40% less damage from everything on casual.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#4kawaiihiito94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:23:13 AM
ThatSageGuy posted...
Go to the menu, and under book, look on your guild card to see the medals you've obtained. As far as I know there is only 1 medal you can not get on casual, and that is to defeat all bosses on normal.

Like zeik said, all foes can be avoided if you pay attention to their movements.

The differences between normal and casual mode (or as I like to call it, easy mode) are:

1. If your party gets killed, normally that would be game over and you restart from the last time you saved. But on casual you just get sent back to town.

2. You take roughly 40% less damage from everything on casual.

But bosses do respawn, right?
---
#5ThatSageGuyPosted 3/9/2013 3:30:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6ThatSageGuyPosted 3/9/2013 3:31:59 AM
kawaiihiito94 posted...
But bosses do respawn, right?

Eventually, yes all bosses will respawn EXCEPT for 1 or 2 of them. Though I do suggest you play on normal for the full experience of the game.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#7kawaiihiito94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:37:30 AM
I will play on normal then
---
#8kawaiihiito94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:37:46 AM
---
#9TenzhiPosted 3/9/2013 3:53:21 AM
zeik56 posted...
There's no explicit penalty for playing on casual, but I suggest sticking with normal. The game is more rewarding.

I will never understand how some people find reward in seeking out greater punishment.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#10Chaosmaster00Posted 3/9/2013 3:59:00 AM
I think he meant "satisfying", not "rewarding". There's nothing to be rewarded by doing Casual over Normal except a medal, which you could just as easily get playing the whole game on Casual but beating the bosses on Normal...

Also, side-question, which of the "bosses" can only be fought once? Far as I saw, every one of them has respawned, who help to know if I can miss something important...
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Etrian Odyssey 4: DEFINITELY F.O.E.