I know you love party related questions

#1henjajPosted 4/17/2014 12:38:57 AM
Hi,

I just unlocked subclasses and I'd like to know two things;

1. Can you change subclasses on characters after you've chosen one?

2. Any tips on good subclasses for my current party;
Fortress
Landsknecht
Nightseeker
Runemaster
Medic

I'm guessing either runemaster or arcanist on the medic to make him less useless vs random creeps where healing isn't necessary. Maybe nightseeker for the landsknecht to boost dualwielding for extra dmg?
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 4/17/2014 1:58:21 AM
1) Rest option removes subclass.

2) General consensus:

F/Dancer
L/Bushi (or any until you unlock it for the +5 skill points)
N/Arcanist (for ailments) or Bushi (once you unlock it, for damage)
R/Bushi (damage once unlocked) or Dancer (line buffs) or Medic (eh)
M/Arcanist (debuffs) or swap for an Arcanist/Medic
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#3Chronic PokeAbuserPosted 4/17/2014 6:25:29 AM
Depending on your party setup, you might have options on the Landskneckt.

If you are aiming at a Link L, then RM or B subs are what you want. RM will boost the elemental output, while B boosts the damage outright.

If you aren't running a Link party, then Medic might be a viable sub. L/Ms get a deliciously fast Star Drop to boost the rest of your damage dealers.
---
How will I laugh tomorrow....
When I can't even smile today?
#4henjaj(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 2:57:48 AM
Followed what chaosmaster00 said for now as my Landsknecht does not have any points in link skills.
Any idea on how much to spend in subclasses? Or which circles for arcanist? Im thinking the ones with binds?
#5Chaosmaster00Posted 4/18/2014 3:45:54 AM
At least get Hood Circle and Arm Circle, those will be very useful. Ailment Circles aren't great, bu Paralyze isn't too bad of an ailment, so that can be taken advantage of, until you can get Chaos Circle, which is actually very useful, since even if it fails to make the enemies attack themselves, it locks them out of their skills, and can only use Attack.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
#6henjaj(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 2:32:29 AM
Alright. I've picked up arm circle and poison circle on my N. Got poison as its easy to inflict compared to arm ehich I've gotten to work maybe 1/10 tries.

Got charm eye on the medic to mitigate some dmg while having the heal passive on circles.

Feels like I'm doing too little dmg though but maybe that will be fixed when I get bushi which I'm guessing is after golden lair events?
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 4/19/2014 4:43:32 AM
henjaj posted...
Alright. I've picked up arm circle and poison circle on my N. Got poison as its easy to inflict compared to arm ehich I've gotten to work maybe 1/10 tries.

Got charm eye on the medic to mitigate some dmg while having the heal passive on circles.

Feels like I'm doing too little dmg though but maybe that will be fixed when I get bushi which I'm guessing is after golden lair events?

Yup. Bushi also makes one of, if not THE best, overall subclassing options in the game.
---
#8henjaj(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 4:36:37 AM
Yeah, I've heard that bushi is a strong sub but not so much a main is this correct?
#9eyeofodenPosted 4/20/2014 5:57:10 AM
Yeah, that's true.
I recently asked the same thing myself.
The one of the bigger issues seems to be its TERRIBLE TP pool.
---
3DS FC: 1220-7324-6503
#10mynameisrocketPosted 4/21/2014 12:40:28 AM
henjaj posted...
Yeah, I've heard that bushi is a strong sub but not so much a main is this correct?

You are mostly correct. There are a few situations were a Bushi can be useful as a main (I like B/F tank, for example, that can also dish punishment). You can also grab two or three Bushi, bring them in at near death plus low TP, have an F/D sidekick, and have her Party Shield. Have all the Bushi use Multislash. Yeah. It hurts really bad. Good way to game a few postgame bosses (hyuk hyuk).