Starting an online petition to get Natsume's attention...

#1X1185Posted 4/4/2012 3:11:04 PM
...on the issue of the game freezing.

We need to re-assure them that even though a significant amount of time has passed, we will not go away.

If I create it, will the online community of GameFAQS have my back?
---
AC:CF: 4167-7982-5261 Name: Rosco Town: Orchard
PKM SoulSilver: Nick: 1720-5456-4734
#2blade113355Posted 4/4/2012 4:23:41 PM
Thanks for being a after market beta tester =D, sucks you wasted your cash but I sure saved myself from a bad purchase.
---
My friend asked if I played "Escape from Monkey Island", and I said as a black guy I take offense to that I'm from the US.
#3EspermanPosted 4/4/2012 6:46:46 PM
I don't think a petition will go anywhere... Natsume has pretty much become the Activision/EA of localization companies... They've become too complacent and has turned into a company that can care less about their fanbase because they've got the monopoly on the HM and RF series... From what I was told, they make the shots on who localizes in NA even though one would think Marvelous would have that power since they're the original developer...

They did absolutely nothing except copy and paste what we reported on how to minimalize freezing and lagging on their forum and passed it off as them doing something to "support" their fanbase... If anything, you should make a petition for Natsume to step down as the NA localizer since this stuff is going to stay in future games... Even though this is huge mess-up, Natsume has done similar things in past games... Translation errors, programming issues, and heck, they misspelled their own company name in the opening... Unless they return to their pre AWL work ethic, then this stuff is just going to continue to happen...
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(
#4BluePlantPosted 4/6/2012 6:39:07 PM
I recently finished Tales of the Abyss and started this up again from where I left off. The lag in my farm plus the freeze that I just experienced on the mountain (it always happens when I speak to Mikhail and there's an item I just threw laying nearby) is the last straw.

Natsume used to be a company that I respected, whose titles I looked forward to playing. I can't believe that they just allowed this to pass.

I still remember writing to them when I had the horrible freezing and astronomical money glitch during the winter in my copy of Harvest Moon DS. They replaced my copy with a new one, which I played until I experienced the problem again. I wrote them back, explaining exactly what was happening and how to replicate it. I received a magnet in mail and a replacement copy. When I realized that they fixed that problem in the Cute version, I didn't bother playing again.

I'm gonna write a physical letter to Marvelous AQL and ask them to reassess their relationship with Natsume. I doubt if it will go anywhere, but if I do something, there's always a chance.

Ugh, I don't want to think of what would happen if they butcher The Land of Origin.
#5EspermanPosted 4/6/2012 6:50:56 PM
I'm gonna write a physical letter to Marvelous AQL and ask them to reassess their relationship with Natsume. I doubt if it will go anywhere, but if I do something, there's always a chance.

Yeah, this would be the best thing to do since Natsume (As people have seen with how they handled the issues with the 3DS version...) will do nothing... Hopefully, Marvelous will eventually see that Natsume has become EA and can care less about the series since it seems like they've decided to play favorites and go with the RF series... (Not a knock on that series...) Marvelous could greatly benefit from switching from Natsume to someone else since it would mean faster localizations and the lack of glitches, translation issues, and programming errors will bring back the old fans that have had it with Natsume's incompetence... Plus, all of this would definitely help speed up the localization in the PAL regions since they do use Natsume's translation as a base to translate/localize into their regional languages...

But yeah, I agree with you on that Natsume used to be a respectable company... Before AWL, they always localized within a year and back then, I rarely saw programming issues and glitches... Yes, there was that inevitable translation error, but it was pretty minimal... They were pretty attentive to the fanbase, but now, it's completely changed... After the AWL localization, I don't think there's been a single localization within a year, except maybe one, programming issues and glitches have become a problem including those that weren't in the original Japanese version, and they've gotten extremely lazy about play testing so that translation errors are a lot more rampant...

Ugh, I don't want to think of what would happen if they butcher The Land of Origin.

A lot of angry fans, although unfortunately for us, Natsume has gone into full-EA mode, so they could care less as long as they can rake in the money... Also, I've heard they make the shots on who Marvelous is technically allowed to give their localization rights to and since they've become the EA of localization companies, they've definitely abused their monopoly on both series, although RF being the favorite, it's always the HM games that take a back seat to proper localization and debugging... I'm pretty sure RF4 will end up being localized before Land of Origin even though RF4 doesn't even come out in Japan until this mid-July... People on that board have predicted a localization as early as holiday season of this year... I don't see this game getting localized until Q3 2013 at the earliest...
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(