Boss help - The End

#1danne93Posted 3/12/2012 9:17:16 AM

This is my first time playing mgs3 and im getting pwned by this boss so hard.

The problem is, that i can't find him, i managed to shoot him a bit at the beginning, but then after that it gets hard to locate him. Even when he is shooting at me, and i try to get a look at him, i can't see sh*t.

So how do i find him before he shoots me?

Apperantly u can see his footprints with the thermal googles, but i had no luck with that.

I would also like to beat him without the, making him age trick.

#2DarkSymbiotePosted 3/12/2012 9:33:37 AM
Pick the appropriate camo that gets you about at least 70%. Almost always crawl unless you are behind a large structure.

Rain washes away his footprints. BTW, footprints are easy to spot. Make sure you're in the right section (it's split up into 3 areas).

Always, shoot him 5 or so times till he falls down. Don't dally for long because he can regenerate health.

EASIEST METHOD: Save the game during the fight and quit. Now speed up your 3DS clock by a week or so. Re-enter game.
---
Small tip: Use the back/select button to quicksave in ME3.
Chicken Captain of the Mass Effect 3 board.
#3OmegaZero633Posted 3/12/2012 9:33:44 AM
There are several ways.
You can try using the directional mic to hear his breathing.
If you look around an area, sometimes you can see the sunlight reflecting off of his scope.

Capturing his parrot with the Mk.22 and releasing it will make the parrot fly to the End's location and start screeching.

Supposedly the Konami code works on all difficulties up to Hard. Just input it on the map screen and if the End is in your area, his location should appear on the map as a red marker. I haven't tried it myself, but you never know.

Once you find him, try to get close to him without him seeing you and hold him up.
Aim your weapon at his head or crotch until he says "I don't think so" twice. The third time should have him drop the Moss camo, which you should pick up since it;ll give you the best camo index in the area.

He'll throw a flash grenade whenever he gets up (if you're close), so look away, and then use the thermal goggles to follow his footprints as he runs off to his next sniping point.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956. My PSN is OmegaZero336. PM me if you want to add me. :D
Former Official Bear-Wrestler of the NDF, Now Retired.
#4Myths_of_MyselfPosted 3/12/2012 10:06:00 AM
AFAIK, his footprints won't show up until he moves for the first time. So if you've just started the battle, you won't find any footprints.
---
"Oh I will, I'll shout if that happens, yes... something like... 'I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!'"
The Doctor
#5The_whatPosted 3/12/2012 10:16:57 AM

Best advice for End is using thermal goggles. They help with his location and his footprints

#6DarkKirby2500Posted 3/12/2012 10:46:36 AM
Use Thermal Goggles to search for his footprints.

Use Mic to listen for his breathing.

If you think/know The End is on the same map area you are in, DO NOT RUN. Camo up and crawl to his location, using above methods to track him. When you are behind him, sneak up, then hold him up and make him shake, then head shot him 3x with the tranquilizer.

Funny fact, before he throws the flash, look up, to avoid it, then back down. You'll see where The End runs to, like Sonic the Hedgehog.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7danne93(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 12:27:25 PM

Thanks for the tips

I just tried again and i defeated him :D

#8GoombacrusherPosted 3/14/2012 6:28:20 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...

EASIEST METHOD: Save the game during the fight and quit. Now speed up your 3DS clock by a week or so. Re-enter game.

Only cowards use this method. You should fight him with HONOR!
---
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F***ER
Why Metroid is and always will be awesome.
#9MiketheTMNTPosted 3/14/2012 9:29:15 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

The End is a cheater too. When I fought him he ran into one of the other areas. As soon as I entered that area he said something and shot me. Then right back into the area we just came from. I didn't even have time to hear what he said. A tricky old man.
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 3/14/2012 9:50:42 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

I've never done this myself but if someone is having too much trouble...
---
Small tip: Use the back/select button to quicksave in ME3.
Chicken Captain of the Mass Effect 3 board.