MGS3D Title Ranking Discovery Topic - Spoilers Inside

#1KyleRXZeroPosted 3/12/2012 4:41:56 PM
This topic is dedicated to discovering all Title/Rank names, where they appear on the list, and the appropriate achievement method. I am missing a good bit of info, so I am calling upon the MGS3D community to help me out. List is still under construction.

*How Titles Appear in Data Screen*
[01][03][05][07][09][11][13][15][17][19][21][23][25][27]
[02][04][06][08][10][12][14][16][18][20][22][24][26]

*Title List*
01) Foxhound
02) Fox
03) Doberman
04) Hound
05) Scorpion
06) Yoshi
07) Whale
08) Tsuchinoko
09) Chameleon
10) Leech
11) Pigeon
12) ???(Without hurting themselves, Life Bars?)
13) Eagle
14) ???(Eat a countless amount of food, 141 meals not enough)
15) ???(Countless Alerts)
16) Crocodile
17) ???(Injured countless times, opposite of Tortoise?, 25 not enough)
18) ???(Long playtime, 37 hours not enough)
19) Cat
20) ???(Avoided Danger, Tortoise?)
21) Tarantula
22) ???(Low Alert Modes and Kills, but High Continues)
23) ???(Low Alert Modes, but High Continues and Kills)
24) Jaguar
25) Panther
26) ???(Low Kills, but High Continues and Alert Modes)
27) ???(High Continues, Alert Modes, and Kills)

*Title Descriptions*

[Hardcore Rankings]
Foxhound(Best)
Beat the game on Extreme Mode in 5 hours or less
No Kills
No Alerts
No Continues
25 or less Saves
20 or less Serious Injuries
5 Bars of Life
No Life Meds
No Special Items used

Fox(2nd Best)
Beat the game on Hard Mode in 5 hours or less
No Kills
3 Alerts
No Continues
35 or less Saves
No Life Meds
No Special Items used

Doberman(3rd Best)
Beat the game on Normal Mode under 5h30m
No Kills
5 Alerts
No Continues
No Life Meds
No Special Items used

Hound(4th Best)
Beat the game under any difficulty with 6 hours or less
10 Alerts
No Continues
No Life Meds
No Special Items used

[Great Ranking]
Scorpion - 50 or Less Continues, 35 or Less Alert Modes, 100 or Less Kills

[Good Rankings]
Tarantula - 50 or Less Continues, 35 or Less Alert Modes, 101 or More Kills
Jaguar - 50 or Less Continues, 36 or More Alert Modes, 100 or Less Kills
??? - 51 or More Continues, 35 or Less Alert Modes, 100 or Less Kills

[Decent Rankings]
Panther - 50 or Less Continues, 36 or More Alert Modes, 101 or More Kills
??? - 51 or More Continues, 35 or Less Alert Modes, 101 or More Kills
??? - 51 or More Continues, 36 or More Alert Modes, 100 or Less Kills

[Beginner Ranking]
??? - 51 or More Continues, 36 or More Alert Modes, 101 or More Kills

[Special Ranks]
Cat - Beat the game with 100 or more saves
Chameleon - Beat the game with no Alert Modes.
Crocodile - Beat the game with 250 or more kills.
Eagle - Beat the game in five hours or less
Leech - Beat the game with a leech attached to your body
Pigeon - Beat the game with 0 people killed
Tortoise - Complete the game with 20 or less Serious Injuries
Tsuchinoko - Beat the game with a live Tsuchinoko in your inventory.
Whale - Beat the game having captured every captured plant and animal.
Yoshi - Beat the game and shoot every Yoshi figure. Multiple clears are allowed.
??? - Without hurting themselves
??? - Eat a countless amount of food
??? - Countless alerts
??? - Injured countless times
??? - Long Play Time
??? - Avoided Danger
---
O_O Zombies ate my SNES!
#2Symphonia46Posted 3/12/2012 6:17:11 PM
There's already information on this, look in the cheat section.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErY75MXYXI
Why do I keep changing my signature, you ask? Because I can.
#3KyleRXZero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 6:28:44 PM(edited)
I'm aware of the Cheats Section, I've contributed to the Rankings section. The problem with this is; it is not complete.

The purpose of this topic is to discover all 27 title names, where they appear on the list, and how to achieve them.

For instance, one title suggests eating a countless amount of food. But how much? I ate 141 meals on my first playthrough, but I did not unlock it.

Another example would be the title for "Long Play Time". I had well over 30 hours on my playthrough(left the 3ds on for long periods in hopes to unlock it), but I was unsuccessful.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm on my second playthrough now, so I will have more to add to the list in the future. I would love to unlock them all on my game. :)
---
O_O Zombies ate my SNES!
#4KyleRXZero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 1:24:09 PM
Sweet, somebody discovered the "countless amount of food" title and added it to the cheats section.

14) Pig - Beat the game with 250 or more meals eaten.

It seems like "countless" = 250 in this game. The Crocodile title had the word countless in it's hint as well, and it ended up being 250. It probably means that for the following titles:

??? - Countless alerts
??? - Injured countless times

The magic number may be 250 for these as well. On my second playthrough now, I'll see if I can't find out. :) I just hope the long play time title isn't 250 hours :D
---
O_O Zombies ate my SNES!
#5iPachecoPosted 3/14/2012 7:47:19 AM
I like your theory of 250 being the magic number. On my current run, I'm going to try for 250 alert modes, 250 serious injuries, and 50 hours of playtime (I doubt it will be 250 hours but I know it exceeds 30 hours). I will contribute my findings to the Cheats section if applicable.

Tip: If you are trying to get an insane number of alert modes with minimal work, just visit Graniny Gorki Lab and constantly interact with the speaker or whatever that thing is that calls the guards. Should be able to get 250 (hopefully this is the correct number) in no time this way.

Tip: If you are trying to get an insane number of serious injuries with minimal work, just visit Graniny Gorki South and trip one of the trap wires that has a swinging log. Constantly run into said log over and over again. It's a small enough area that you don't need to travel far once you die to do it again.

Hope this helps.
#6KyleRXZero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 2:22:41 PM(edited)
Awesome, thanks iPacheco. I'm definitely going to use those strategies. The tripwire in Graniny Gorky South is especially awesome, I would never have thought of that. Both strategies are easy to abuse and rack up the numbers quickly. :)

I'm doing something similar to you on my current run. On my current playthrough my goal is:

Tsuchinoko
"countless alerts"
Tortoise
"Long Play Time"
"Beginner Rank"
Pig

I'm going to try for Tortoise on my current playthrough, instead of "countless serious injuries". I was hoping I would've got Tortoise on my first, but I got careless with spiders. Will definitely use the tripwire strat to get to get high injuries on playthrough 3 though. :)
---
O_O Zombies ate my SNES!
#7iPachecoPosted 3/16/2012 2:38:30 PM
Just finished my current run and you were right about 250 being the magic number. I also found out that 50 hours of playtime will get you the Giant Panda title. I had over 100 continues and that didn't seem to unlock anything, so I'm not sure what rank is unlocked for having "failed many times" but hopefully somebody will figure that out.
#8KyleRXZero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 5:25:28 PM(edited)
Sweet, iPacheco. You rock man. With this discovery that makes...

18) Giant Panda - Beat the game with over 50 hours of play time.

I'm glad the 250 worked out. I currently have over 250 alerts and meals; but I just beat the End so I got a ways to go.

About the "failed many times" title, I think I have that one figured out.

22) ??? - 51 or More Continues, 35 or Less Alert Modes, 100 or Less Kills

Don't know the animal yet because I have not unlocked it myself, nor is it in the cheat section. I have it classified as a Good Ranking in my list along with Jaguar and Tarantula. These three rankings require you do well in two of the three stats(kills, alerts, continues), but not so well in one stat.

It seems you would have unlocked it, buy you were probably going for the 250 alerts in the same playthrough. There's always the next playthrough :)

On my current playthrough, for my non-special rank, I'm probably going to go for the Beginner ranking.
??? - 51 or More Continues, 36 or More Alert Modes, 101 or More Kills
---
O_O Zombies ate my SNES!
#9iPachecoPosted 3/16/2012 8:11:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10iPachecoPosted 3/16/2012 8:15:10 PM
Thanks but I'm doing all of these on Easy difficulty so that doesn't mean too much. The worst rank is called Puma by the way. If you need to farm continues, the best time is probably during the Ocelot duel. All you have to do is roll off the cliff right in front of you each time. Worked brilliantly.

Figured out the Leopard rank - 51 or more continues, 36 or more alert modes, 100 or less people killed.

Also, I think you should turn this thread into a FAQ once it is complete, since all the rankings are not the same as the original Snake Eater. Keep up the good work.