Meh, I love SMT but I wish I didn't buy this one

#1Prometheus4208Posted 4/27/2013 7:23:54 PM
Not trying to troll, simply stating my opinion on the game.

While this game does have some enjoyable aspects, such as the story (i dig the whole technology, hacker theme), characters and combat (to a degree), I just can't tolerate playing it for very long. Now i'm not saying this game is bad, I just have so many other games that I would rather be playing. Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Zero Escape, Guacamelee, Soul Sacrifice and most importantly: Persona 4 Golden.

If anything, P4G ruined this game for me. I mean if im gonna play a SMT game, i'm obviously gonna pick P4 over this painfully outdated game. And yes, I get it. Soul Hackers is a remake blah blah blah. Even still, I figured it would hold my attention more since I loved Devil Survivor.

Long story short: I wish that I had held off buying this game or at least bought the physical copy as opposed to the digital so I could resell it lol. Maybe someday down the road I'll pick it back up and finish it (only about 8 hours in) but I figured I would post this in case anyone else was debating on purchasing.
---
My VITA: P4G, Guacamelee, Dragon Fantasy, Soul Sacrifice Demo, Zero Escape, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, Atelier Totori, 5 PSOne games, 5 PSP games
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/27/2013 7:24:44 PM
Gonna go sit out of the way after reading "P4G".
#3REMercsChampPosted 4/27/2013 7:35:50 PM
I stopped reading at "Soul Sacrifice"
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#4HalecticPosted 4/27/2013 7:38:02 PM
Just for record, P4 is NOT a SMT game
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#5Lelouch71Posted 4/27/2013 7:40:59 PM
The moment I saw P4G I already knew this was going to be a stealth trolling thread. Unfortunately, you failed on the stealth part. TC you should at least make yourself less obvious. Geez trolls are getting worst over the years. At least the trolls of a few years ago had more skill and finese.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#6COX-blockerPosted 4/27/2013 7:42:50 PM
Well, if you're a graphic, OST & gameplay whore then yep, better go for P4G
---
3ds FC: 3797-5783-3905
#7Lelouch71Posted 4/27/2013 7:43:42 PM
COX-blocker posted...

Even then P4G graphics aren't that great either
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 4/27/2013 7:43:59 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
COX-blocker posted...

Even then P4G graphics aren't that great either

And the soundtrack is ass in regards to the game's setting.
#9RPGNinja123Posted 4/27/2013 7:46:22 PM
Prometheus4208 posted...
Not trying to troll, simply stating my opinion on the game.

While this game does have some enjoyable aspects, such as the story (i dig the whole technology, hacker theme), characters and combat (to a degree), I just can't tolerate playing it for very long. Now i'm not saying this game is bad, I just have so many other games that I would rather be playing. Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Zero Escape, Guacamelee, Soul Sacrifice and most importantly: Persona 4 Golden.

If anything, P4G ruined this game for me. I mean if im gonna play a SMT game, i'm obviously gonna pick P4 over this painfully outdated game. And yes, I get it. Soul Hackers is a remake blah blah blah. Even still, I figured it would hold my attention more since I loved Devil Survivor.

Long story short: I wish that I had held off buying this game or at least bought the physical copy as opposed to the digital so I could resell it lol. Maybe someday down the road I'll pick it back up and finish it (only about 8 hours in) but I figured I would post this in case anyone else was debating on purchasing.

Says "Not trying to troll"

*Trolls anyway*

Okay.

(Goes back to topic page)
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#10UnquestionablePosted 4/27/2013 7:58:37 PM
I never really got the P3/P4 love. I mean I enjoyed both titles and they have a lot of style going for them but the substance isn't quite there, at least compared to the other SMT titles. Right now I'm about 14 hours into Soul Hackers and it's never seemed anywhere near the chore that the Persona games can be. I suppose I prefer intriguing story lines and dungeons with logical puzzles to the quasi visual novel/ random dungeon crawling Persona offers.
---
Immanentize the eschaton