What did you think of the end game plot revelations? (Spoilers)

#1REMercsChampPosted 4/29/2013 3:53:36 PM
So it turned out to be a bunch of native american voodoo gibberish after all. Who would have thought.
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#2WolfTwiliPosted 4/29/2013 4:24:31 PM
it was a good plot twist, didn't expect it. Unlike all the other PS1 RPG Plot Twists (I was literally predicting everything in FFVII after Midgar)
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
3DS FC: 1461-6216-3909
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/29/2013 5:47:15 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
So it turned out to be a bunch of native american voodoo gibberish after all. Who would have thought.

Animistic faith such as various native american religions (and by extension Shinto and Vodun) work well with cyberpunk as spirits are analogous to computer programs/data. Hence why Manitou's spores could travel through the Internet to harvest souls.

What I didn't understand was why the primordial Mespotamian gods were in those ruins.
#4REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:04:56 PM
I dunno. I just beat it and feel like there was some stuff that wasn't explained or I didn't understand, in addition to your q:

Who was that Naomi that went down to the ruins and why did she have godly abilities? Why did she die after killing one of the monsters?

Who sent that email at the end?

How exactly did Kinap come into contact with that thing...the last boss thing. Was it just some spiritual native god that got out of control and he needed to seal it?

I think some things weren't explained too well. But it's a sega saturn game from the 90s, all in all it was a good 20 hour play through, seeing as how I wasn't expecting much in the first place.
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#5HermeticJusticePosted 4/29/2013 6:27:02 PM
Like most RPGs, SMT games are leave most of the plot holes to imagination (such as the SMT I to SMT II or SMT if... to Persona or Jyoji Hijiri or Strange Journey to SMT III or Raidou to SMT)

In fact for those that didn't play the original Devil Summoner characters like Rei Reiho and the Ultimate Boss might seem out of place.

Also I think Nemissa (or Kinap) might have sent the message at the end
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
As above, so below
#6KJHPosted 4/30/2013 9:44:27 AM
Manitou in this game's basically a personification of one of the highest powers in Native American religions, so it'd be a sort of deity in the world beyond stuff like Tiamat or Apsu were.

And Naomi's a woman with a grudge against Rei Reiho for something she did to Naomi's family, likely explained more in Devil Summoner 1. Her abilities are from demons she keeps sealed in those tubes/capsules, sorta like how Raidou in later Devil Summoner games summons his demons. She dies because she stuck around the area, an as the demon dies, it apparently made a vacuum and suffocated her. Really unceremonious.
---
You can't live without a spinal cord, son. Nothing unnatural about that.
#7DarkDante_swPosted 4/30/2013 11:08:28 AM
So, why was the deal with Azazael, Satanael and Shemyaza? What did they have to do with Manitou?
#8KJHPosted 4/30/2013 11:14:22 AM
They were unrelated demons wanting to let Manitou loose to reap in the souls as they came in. Probably related to different mythologies and all that, could get an idea on them by google searching their names or similar ones.
---
You can't live without a spinal cord, son. Nothing unnatural about that.
#9ckhh12Posted 4/30/2013 11:24:21 AM
Azazael Satanael Shemyaza

Watcher (fallen angels ) control the Phantom Society

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori#Slavonic_Enoch