How to beat Lucifer *SPOILERS*

#1LOAZeusPosted 9/11/2011 12:48:06 PM
In general how do you beat him, and more specifically, how fast do you need to be to out speed him?
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 9/11/2011 12:55:04 PM
Do the Tyranny or the Deathbound/Recarm tricks still work in Overclocked? Cuz I don't think I've ever seen anyone beat Lucy without them.
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#3EnfinetePosted 9/11/2011 12:58:29 PM(edited)
First I think the title can be considered spoiler ish....

Umm. You can search him on the old board (the board for DS version of the game). But here's a quick overview.

1) Agility of 28 to act before him in battle.
2) You can either go with Recarm strategy (hit Luci with demons, MC gets killed by Luci, revive with the next member, next member does the same, MC gets turn again.... etc) or Tyrant Lock strategy (Use Tyrant demon to keep pushing Luci's turn so you don't get hit by his map attack more than necessary. Double Up, Awakening, Blood Wine all help.
3) Because his 3rd form has Reflect Phys you need some almighty action.
4) Elec Drain helps because he uses Maziodyne (and he drains elec I think so need to avoid elec repel). Phys Reflect helps as well (attack-all).

And yeah, one of the two is sort of necessary because you can only take so many hits from Megidoladyne, and because Luci himself is a Tyrant.
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#4LOAZeus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2011 12:56:49 PM
Yes, i think they do, and what does that mean?
#5Dark_EpathyPosted 9/11/2011 1:56:59 PM(edited)
You don't need any fancy tricks or strategies to beat Lucifer. There's just a single game mechanic you have to be aware of: every time you attack an enemy, its turn gets pushed back, and every time an enemy attacks you, your turn gets pushed back. The trick is to constantly be attacking Lucifer so that he never gets an opportunity to use Megidoladyne more than two or three times.

Obviously, all of your demons should be in the high 90's as far as level, and all of the team leaders should be 99 with almighty spells. All demons should have maxed--or close to maxed--magic (you'll have to grind Mitamas), with skills like Holy Dance, Mediarahan/Prayer, Samarecarm. Your main team should also have Repel Phys across the board for Lucifer's second phase--his Hassohappa will easily kill himself if he throws it off.

Um, I guess that's the major gist of it. Having demons like Bishamon help--and by "like" I mean his demon type--because they allow you to attack twice in one turn, or some such. You also want to kill off the minions as they attack, because they'll distract your teams from the big threat.

EDIT: Bishamon's a Tyrant, right? Well, that's the idea of the "Tyranny lock," I suppose, although it's not necessary.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#6Anubis_DracPosted 9/11/2011 2:22:19 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Having demons like Bishamon help--and by "like" I mean his demon type--because they allow you to attack twice in one turn, or some such. You also want to kill off the minions as they attack, because they'll distract your teams from the big threat.

EDIT: Bishamon's a Tyrant, right? Well, that's the idea of the "Tyranny lock," I suppose, although it's not necessary.

Bishamon is a Kishin, with Double Up. Having Demons with Double Up could help (Okuninushi), but it's not Tyranny. The Tyranny racial skill restores MP and pushes the enemy turn back.
---
-Official Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden Vet of the MH3 Board-
simmer down and burn your mind-fat @ shadesglades.blogspot.com
#7EnfinetePosted 9/11/2011 2:40:19 PM
And you certainly do NOT need everyone at 99. My highest character - MC - was hitting 90 by the end of battle. What you need is high enough Magic to survive his mandatory Megidoladyne (once per phase change) and the rest of Magic is just damaging him enough.

The magic-oriented characters will be able to survive it at their high 80's; Yuzu and Amane are two good candidates I guess.
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#8Dark_EpathyPosted 9/11/2011 5:04:36 PM
Bishamon is a Kishin, with Double Up. Having Demons with Double Up could help (Okuninushi), but it's not Tyranny. The Tyranny racial skill restores MP and pushes the enemy turn back.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've only played the original game, and it's been a couple of years.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#9LightHawKnightPosted 9/12/2011 8:35:45 AM
Okuninushi is better than Bishamon.

Also with Drain and Dreamfeast, you can take away all his mp somewhat early on, you just need to survive till then and with Phys Null/Drain/Repel, he wont ever be able to kill you as long as you keep him Tyrant locked.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#10Plasma EXEPosted 9/12/2011 9:53:15 AM
I beat him with my MC at around lvl 82 ish in the original, but that was with the recarm strategy.
---
MKDS/ACWW/Pokemon Pearl/puzzle league FC in Signature *CLICK ON MY NAME* PBR - 1289-5315-0165