8th day missables/endings. (Spoilers)

#1Hanyuu_ChanPosted 8/28/2011 4:51:48 PM
I went through Yuzu's 8th day and somehow locked myself out of completing the sidequest with the devas. I checked, and sure enough, there's an achievement for completing that quest and protecting tokyo (so I at least know for a fact that Yuzu's 8th day has both a good and bad ending).

What I'm wondering is, for those of you who've already completed the other 8th day routes: are there any missable quests/multiple endings within the other 8th days? This "no dialogue skip" thing on my next few playthroughs is gonna kill me.
#2Happy Mask ManPosted 8/28/2011 5:03:30 PM
Naoya's eighth day has two possible paths, each with its own title. But once you finish it, you're given the option to replay just the eighth day to do the other path.

Also, you can skip dialogue. Dialogue skip can be turned on in the options menu.
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#3TerradriusPosted 8/28/2011 5:03:52 PM
Well, there's basically 2 different paths you can take through Naoya's 8th day, but it's incredibly obvious what the split is, and it's at the beginning. There's also a fight against Honda+Loki that I'm pretty sure was optional, but not terribly important except for unlocking Loki.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, that I should really get back to updating.
Jesus saves.
#4EnfinetePosted 8/28/2011 6:15:41 PM
good to know that it gives you the option to play just 8th day again for Naoya. And at same time, sad to hear that it's only Yuzu, Amane, and Naoya paths that have 8th day. I thought there would be one more because I counted 4 8th day titles....
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#5KazereiPosted 8/28/2011 7:24:20 PM
Hanyuu_Chan posted...
I went through Yuzu's 8th day and somehow locked myself out of completing the sidequest with the devas. I checked, and sure enough, there's an achievement for completing that quest and protecting tokyo (so I at least know for a fact that Yuzu's 8th day has both a good and bad ending)..

I'm playing Yuzu's 8th day as well. I just saved Kaido and I'm about to start the Naoya battle. Can you tell me what this sidequest is, and what I have to do? THanks.
#6Hanyuu_Chan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 9:12:49 PM
Do the very top area as soon as you can. That's all I know. That starts the sidequest but it never tells you that it's important until you go there.
#7KazereiPosted 8/28/2011 9:26:44 PM
The stuff about the sword, right? I'll make sure to keep following up on that. Thanks.
#8EnfinetePosted 8/28/2011 11:28:38 PM
Ngirl posted...
The stuff about the sword, right? I'll make sure to keep following up on that. Thanks.

Basically you need to follow a certain personnel that you find before the time limit comes. Finding him is not enough. You need to follow him.
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#9KazereiPosted 8/28/2011 11:54:00 PM(edited)
Okay, I think I understand. So far this is what I've done.

***SPOILERS***

- Talked to the Four Devas and learned about the barrier
- Fought the battle with Naoya and got the key card
- Got the sword from the Shomonkai HQ
- Gave the sword to the Four Devas
- Talked to Gin and decided to FOLLOW HIM TO THE RITUAL
(- Defeated Belzaboul and Azuma somewhere in there)

Now there's a battle at the shrine, and a battle at the Hills. I just need to watch over the ritual and then defeat Belberith, right? That's all for day 8?
#10Hanyuu_Chan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 1:29:53 AM
What sucked for me is that I chose to follow him to the ritual...but nothing showed up on the map. <.<

The only option was the battle at the hills, so I had to go with that.