This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its so dumb this game isn't out for Christmas.

#1HHH is the gamePosted 11/22/2012 9:54:51 PM
My cousin is buying her kids 3DS's...she was looking for a good game to get for the girl who is eight. She figured she would get her Nintendogs but wanted more 3D games to get her than just that (as it's stupid to have a 3DS with no 3D games.) For the boy (who's six) she can get him Mario 3D land, new super mario bros, mario kart, etc..but there are no good games for girls or more gender-neutral games.

She mentioned Animal Crossing and I was like "Oh yeah, that would be a great game for her" since it seems like the kind of game a young girl would enjoy being the whole town aspect with the cute little animals etc....and she was like "Yeah I'll get that" And I was like "Oh wait but it's not out before Christmas" and she was very dissapointed. She mentioned how it made more sense to have it out by now when all the kids are getting gifts and the parents had money to pay for it. And I agree. It seems like this game should be out by Christmas when people are actually buying games for their kids. Besides paper mario coming out I feel like there were no real exciting Nintendo 3DS releases around this time which is a weird marketing thing to do...I really don't understand it.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2RessechuPosted 11/22/2012 9:59:16 PM
Also my mommy could buy it for me.
---
I like Leon's Jacket. It's nice.
#3Hours_LeftPosted 11/22/2012 10:08:03 PM
NoA is pushing the Wii U right now as their big ticket holiday item. They don't really have any strong focus for the 3DS until next year.

---
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#4Catcher_FreemanPosted 11/22/2012 10:09:21 PM
NoA doesn't want it to interfere with Wii U sales.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#5HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 10:12:51 PM
^Well considering the low interest in the WiiU I think that's a pretty bad idea. ESPECIALLY because when the 3DS did come out last year there weren't all that many titles available. This Christmas it would have been nice to have this game ready as well as something like Luigi's Mansion. I mean I just think it's dumb to release a big game in January or February if it could be out for Christmas when there aren't a ton of other big 3DS stuff out. I feel like the 3DS has never had a real focus and it's really dissapointing.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#6zenxacredPosted 11/22/2012 10:30:12 PM
It's out before Christmas here. So it's only dumb over there I guess.
---
~ SG/Zen ~
XBL/Steam: ZenXacred
#7NaarakaPosted 11/22/2012 10:34:09 PM
Well. They are trying to get it out as Animal Crossing is pretty popular in NA too. so they are tying to get the translation down as fast as possible. but you dont rush a game. unless you want it to be bad......as for more "Genderless or Girly Games" i laughed my ass off when you considered Mario a boy game and Animal Crossing a girl game. i have friends of the female variety(including young cousins still around the age of 10) that love mario and other games. get her teh mario too. its a great game.

The 3D isnt even that great and shouldnt be used all the time since it puts TONS of stress on the eyeballs from how it makes its 3D. So feel free to get some older DS games that dont have 3D.
#8KokiburiPosted 11/22/2012 10:47:34 PM
Wow, you mean people buy things around Christmas?? With your awesome insight into the market, why hasn't Nintendo hired you yet?!?

Seriously dude, Nintendo has been in business longer than I've been alive, they know what they are doing. Your niece will just have to suck it up this Christmas and play with some dogs. If she doesn't even know about AC there's. I real way she can be disappointed
#9ReedTienPosted 11/22/2012 11:39:17 PM
It will still sell well for Ninty no matter what time of the year it is released.

But anyway, there's no reason why a girl can't play Mario games...
---
_|=|_
(>p_o)> ~"Japanese 3DS: Riido, 2406-6149-4518"
#10HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 2:18:16 AM
A. I'm not the one buying it my cousin is for her kids I was just giving suggestions.
B. Mario is pretty much a "boy game" even if some girls like it, that kind of gaming seems more the kind of things boys like while girls would rather play animal crossing or nintendogs. That's not always true obviously but who cares about always this specific case its true.
---