This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So to the people who have this game, is this one at least worthy of being..

#1Thenumber1yoshiPosted 11/26/2012 2:19:29 PM
Up there with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing? I mean at least the one us in the West and Europe got? (sorry if Europe is considered the west, I don't think I was ever taught in School what the areas of Europe were considered ,if it's still a western region or something else, because if I was I certainly don't remember) I mean is this one at least on par with the first one we in the west got? Since so many people consider that version to be the best one in the Animal Crossing series? Well anyways I'm asking anyone who has New Leaf if this one is better or at least just as good as the Gamecube one?
#2Hours_LeftPosted 11/26/2012 3:01:41 PM
I think most people agree that New Leaf is the best version yet, by far. It pretty much has all the content from every previous game plus a ton of new stuff.

There is only one issue that is holding it back from being perfect. (The randomness of where villagers put their houses.)

---
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#3ThadBarrPosted 11/26/2012 3:23:35 PM
If you (and I mean a hypothetical "you") think that WW and CF were not as good as the GC version, you are not going to like NL. Not as much as GC, anyway.

The reason everyone loved GC was that it was a brand-new experience to them.

Let me assure you, this is not a brand-new experience. It is yet another incremental improvement of the basic AC game, building upon all the different versions that have been released in the past.

Personally, I think NL is an amazing version of AC, the best yet by far. But I've much preferred each newer version of the game over than the version that preceded it.

For people that think the GC version is the best, NL is not going to change their minds. At all.
#4EasterEggHunterPosted 11/26/2012 5:43:34 PM
ThadBarr posted...
If you (and I mean a hypothetical "you") think that WW and CF were not as good as the GC version, you are not going to like NL. Not as much as GC, anyway.

Let me assure you, this is not a brand-new experience. It is yet another incremental improvement of the basic AC game, building upon all the different versions that have been released in the past.

Personally, I think NL is an amazing version of AC, the best yet by far. But I've much preferred each newer version of the game over than the version that preceded it.

For people that think the GC version is the best, NL is not going to change their minds. At all.

This, if nostalgia is holding you back, a new version won't change your mind. But really, this game looks like GOTY for me.
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238 PM me.
Nintendo- What other gaming company has been around sincenthe 1800's?
#5yyhhggttPosted 11/26/2012 6:01:20 PM
The other games, you often get bored due to nothing to do. This game is filled with things to do or many things to strive for. More things to buy and customize. Since its all legitimate at this current point (no hacking or dupe glitch) it makes you want to play and get money.
#6Hours_LeftPosted 11/26/2012 6:25:25 PM
Also, you have to earn and work towards having more options in the game as opposed to almost everything being available right off the bat which gives more of a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

---
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#7robinhoekPosted 11/26/2012 7:47:53 PM
ThadBarr posted...

To be fair it is easily argued that the games after the GC version were incremental downgrades. I personally believe WW is the best of the bunch and also loved the GC version. CF on the other hand just had a ton of issues. The city was poorly implemented and made for annoying trips back and forth. As far as I know none of the cut villagers made it back in. The controls with the wii mote were not at all intuitive. In general there just wasn't anything about it that set it apart from WW. Also, poorly implemented animal tracks. NL looks amazing because it looks like a true improvement.
#8ItemBreakPosted 11/26/2012 7:53:13 PM
I don't like it as much as the GCN game (which is the only AC besides New Leaf that I've played). The music in New Leaf is terrible (KK songs aside), and I don't like the rolling world view. Still, it's a fun game with lots of stuff to do.
#9robinhoekPosted 11/26/2012 7:56:47 PM
ItemBreak posted...
I don't like it as much as the GCN game (which is the only AC besides New Leaf that I've played). The music in New Leaf is terrible (KK songs aside), and I don't like the rolling world view. Still, it's a fun game with lots of stuff to do.

The rolling world view is something that had to grow on me. It's a bummer about the music but I can't say the music in video games, especially handheld ones, typically ruin a game for me though it often enhances it.
#10Hours_LeftPosted 11/26/2012 8:10:00 PM
I think the music in New Leaf is awesome, especially the late night music.

---