This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have the Wii version, is new leafs a most buy?

#1MaDmAtHiEuPosted 12/3/2012 11:41:57 AM
I'm playing City Folks since the day it came out. I'm not even near the end of something in this game. Too many things to do. Can I transfer my savefile to the 3ds version? I know it was possible wit the DS version to the Wii version.
---
3DS: 3007-8129-8828 -- Wii: 1829 5338 0929 8987 ACCF1977-5312-3357 Mario Kart Wii: 3523-2619-9721
#2JimmieAndrogynyPosted 12/3/2012 2:30:21 PM
If you like the Wii version you'll definitely like the 3DS version, since the Wii version sucks and all.
---
Like you I once was. Like me you will be.
#3NordiniPosted 12/3/2012 2:40:54 PM
JimmieAndrogyny posted...
If you like the Wii version you'll definitely like the 3DS version, since the Wii version sucks and all.

The Wii version is the best one thus far..... I just started playing it again and it's a blast.

Best graphics and the addition of the city. How could the other ones be better?
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#4JimmieAndrogynyPosted 12/3/2012 4:56:35 PM
By not being a complete let down and a rehash of the DS version with a couple additions and minor building tweaks.

And yeah, when I play Animal Crossing, I play because of those sweet graphics. /fratboygamer
---
#5NordiniPosted 12/3/2012 5:40:34 PM
By not being a complete let down and a rehash of the DS version with a couple additions and minor building tweaks.

And yeah, when I play Animal Crossing, I play because of those sweet graphics. /fratboygamer

The only conclusion your logic leads to is that it may not be worth it to buy the Wii version if you have played and mastered the DS version and don't enjoy consoles.

The Wii one is still better seeing as you admitted it was the same as the DS one (one you liked) with some additions.

Also even if it was the exact same game as Wild World with no changes at all, it would still be an excellent purchase because you get to play on a bigger screen with a console.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#6zenxacredPosted 12/3/2012 5:52:36 PM
Nordini posted...

Also even if it was the exact same game as Wild World with no changes at all, it would still be an excellent purchase because you get to play on a bigger screen with a console.

Do know that some people prefer handheld gaming due to time constraints and/or portability. I play on my commute to work as I have a long workday and don't have much time to play on a console.

Also, though City Folk seems to be a rehash of WW, I find that most people were complaining about animal tracks and grass erosion. I've seen both and I prefer not to have them.

The grass erosion isn't as pronounced on NL as it is on CF and grass can be regrown.

In conclusion, If you like CF/WW or any animal crossing game for that matter, NL is the best one in the series so far and it's worth every single one of your pennies. It's worth other people's pennies.
---
~ SG/Zen ~
XBL/Steam: ZenXacred
#7JimmieAndrogynyPosted 12/3/2012 9:26:40 PM
Nordini posted...

The only conclusion your logic leads to is that it may not be worth it to buy the Wii version if you have played and mastered the DS version and don't enjoy consoles.

The Wii one is still better seeing as you admitted it was the same as the DS one (one you liked) with some additions.

My post had nothing to do with being biased towards consoles or handhelds.

What you said didn't make any sense; I don't want to buy virtually the same game a second time. It's as simple as that.

The GameCube AC was the first of its kind and was great. Wild World was noticeably different from that and was great. City Folk was essentially Wild World on a console. New Leaf looks to be different from Wild World, or at least have enough new additions to feel like a new game.

The city was really nothing special. Disrupt the general format of gameplay (hanging out in your town) to take a trip to three shops (one that closed for a week after buying the three items), a Happy Room Academy Building, a place to obtain emotions, and a few randomly generated animals walking around? Snore.

inb4 "Oh hey, you forgot about the ATM machine"
---
#8ChubbyMuffin77Posted 12/3/2012 9:50:27 PM
This argument has been done many times before, so let me save you both some time and trouble.

City Folk is supposed to be the best. It is the newest, most stuff to do, and biggest town. It also has animal tracks which were really annoying as zenxacred. It was a great game had you not played Wild World before, very different from the Gamecube one (which many still consider to be the best, but that is an entire different argument).

Wild World was great though too, and my personal favorite because of the portability (as zenxacred also mentioned). It was like a smaller version of City Folk with a few less things, which included no animal tracks. It expanded more on the series than City Folk did.

Both games are great, depending on whatever your preference is. I enjoyed and played both of them. So stop. Let's end this argument by turning over a "new leaf" (haha, see what I did there?)
---
Do A Barrel Roll!
#9JimmieAndrogynyPosted 12/3/2012 9:51:54 PM
zenxacred posted...
Nordini posted...

Do know that some people prefer handheld gaming due to time constraints and/or portability. I play on my commute to work as I have a long workday and don't have much time to play on a console.

Also, though City Folk seems to be a rehash of WW, I find that most people were complaining about animal tracks and grass erosion. I've seen both and I prefer not to have them.

The grass erosion isn't as pronounced on NL as it is on CF and grass can be regrown.

In conclusion, If you like CF/WW or any animal crossing game for that matter, NL is the best one in the series so far and it's worth every single one of your pennies. It's worth other people's pennies.

Everyone's got great things to say about it, and I have very high hopes for it (New Leaf). It's the #1 reason I'm getting a 3DS. Seriously, I'm like one of the few who just tries not to complain about it not being released in America yet but just lurks the boards every day in anticipation that I'll have some news to go on. I'm so hyped up but I'm trying to suppress it.

In the meantime, I'll just play all the other good titles that are currently out. The first three Paper Mario games are in my top ten all-time favorite games so hopefully Sticker Star will be just as good, and will thusly hold me over until AC's USA release.
---
#10JimmieAndrogynyPosted 12/3/2012 10:00:15 PM
ChubbyMuffin77 posted...
This argument has been done many times before, so let me save you both some time and trouble.

City Folk is supposed to be the best. It is the newest, most stuff to do, and biggest town. It also has animal tracks which were really annoying as zenxacred. It was a great game had you not played Wild World before, very different from the Gamecube one (which many still consider to be the best, but that is an entire different argument).

Wild World was great though too, and my personal favorite because of the portability (as zenxacred also mentioned). It was like a smaller version of City Folk with a few less things, which included no animal tracks. It expanded more on the series than City Folk did.

Both games are great, depending on whatever your preference is. I enjoyed and played both of them. So stop. Let's end this argument by turning over a "new leaf" (haha, see what I did there?)

But it's really not. City Folk didn't have as many additions as people made it out to have.

And tt's not really a heated argument. it's more of a debate. Really, it's like saying Super Mario All-Stars was a brand new game when it was released.

I had a lot of fun with City Folk. I did. But I certainly didn't feel like it was a brand new Animal Crossing game, and I didn't feel like there were enough additions to constitute a major release on a major console, much less one with a $50 price tag.

I waited and picked up City Folk for $17.99 used at GameStop, and felt like I got my money's worth.
---