This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Animal Crossing is worthless without NES Games

#1IBA_Posted 12/5/2012 8:17:41 PM
That's why I'm sticking to my Gamecube Animal Crossing. I love Pinball especially.
---
You can't smoke LSD
#2RessechuPosted 12/5/2012 8:30:57 PM
I disagree. That is a very bold statement.
---
I like Leon's Jacket. It's nice.
#3ArreiPosted 12/5/2012 8:37:02 PM
It's not like most of the NES games included in Animal Crossing were any of the good ones.

Not like there aren't a million other places on the web to play NES games, either.
#4ThadBarrPosted 12/5/2012 9:07:12 PM(edited)
I'm thinking that after another console or two, after just about all possible resale value has faded from the NES games, they might very well make a comeback in AC.

But right now, Nintendo is still trying to sell us individual Game and Watch titles, so I don't suppose they're going to bundle any NES games into AC any time soon.
#5ODommPosted 12/5/2012 9:00:53 PM
I disagree. That is a very italic statement.
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 58/190 Dominion wins
#6BigDaddyWingnutPosted 12/5/2012 9:32:54 PM
IBA_ posted...
That's why I'm sticking to my Gamecube Animal Crossing. I love Pinball especially.

Ugh. Even if you're joking, it's opinions like that really irritate me.

The NES games were fun, sure, but they were never a make it or break it kinda thing for me. Honestly, I feel like the games were a bit of a distraction and hindered the flow of the game. You'll never see them in an AC game again because most of the titles are readily available on Virtual Console. Back in the Game Cube days, Nintendo had no VC service so the NES games made sense. Now they'd just as soon sell their virtual content than include it for free. That's fine by me. I play AC to, you know, play AC.
/rant
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
"I saw it... I saw it..."
#7GameCuber18Posted 12/5/2012 9:46:33 PM
I agree with the topic title. Tennis and PunchOut! were the best. Even that silly Clu-Clu Land game was fun.
---
Denver Broncos: 9-3 .750 | 1st Place in AFC West
Last Game: Buccaneers 23 Broncos 31 | Next Game: Broncos at Raiders on Thursday 7:20
#8Q27Posted 12/9/2012 10:45:30 PM
It would be neat if they added an item that let you display a game you have on your 3DS, which would allow demo playing for visitors, & regular play for you. Probably wouldn't happen.
#9ShadowRisaePosted 12/9/2012 11:43:04 PM
If you think that, why are you playing Animal Crossing? Just buy NES games on the Virtual Console, or if you want to be extra hardcore, track down an actual old NES or Famicom.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#10SquirrelettePosted 12/10/2012 5:36:51 AM
I've never understood the love for the NES games in this. I thought they were crap and only played them about twice. I feel for the people that *do* really miss them, I just don't understand why. I feel the same as BigDaddyWingnut- I play AC to play AC.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~