This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About Manikins...

#11ThadBarrPosted 12/9/2012 6:59:27 PM(edited)
Hours_Left posted...
I don't think I'd have the heart to evict my female character once I've gotten to the point of befriending the Able sisters.

I use all female drones for this game. They exist only to serve my primary and only male character, who will reincarnate as soon as ACNL is released in NA.

There is at least one real-world example of this strategy--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazonian_Guard

Of course, that didn't work out so well in the end, but I'm never going to be so stupid as to ever let the animals even think of rebellion.

No, seriously. Most of what I'm doing with the JP version is prepping so that I can instantly transfer over the bulk of my progress to the NA game as soon as it comes out. If you think about even for a minute or two, there's just a huge amount you can do on just the first day of NA NL if you make preparations in the JP version.

Just one example. One of my drones has a duplicate Fossil collection that's 60/65% complete and ready to be shipped over.

So I would recommend you rethink the whole female servant thing. It's the bee's knees.

P.S. More on topic, I have only received one manikin. It was from Mabel, and I have no idea what prompted it, because I never talk to her. And that said, I can't really imagine that I'll ever receive any more, if only because getting "friendly enough" with the Able sisters sounds painful.

P.P.S. "Can it be fancied that deity ever vindictively made in his image a manikin merely to madden it?" --from a treatise on poetic rhythm by Edgar Allen Poe.
#12LiquefyPosted 12/9/2012 7:22:41 PM
Ten days speaking to Sable; Sable hands over mannequin on eleventh day.
I'm chatting up Kate now.
#13LiquefyPosted 12/10/2012 6:09:42 AM
I just got a mannequin from Kate, so I can confirm that you can get three. It didn't take much "befriending," and, similar to Mabel, she gave it to me after a purchase.
#14ThadBarrPosted 12/10/2012 8:25:57 AM
Liquefy posted...
Ten days speaking to Sable; Sable hands over mannequin on eleventh day...

Yep, a while back, I worked on Sable just long enough to get the "shop upgrade" (ten days), then dropped her like a bad habit. When I finally said hello again yesterday (finally making 11), she handed over the manikin.

Which is now a Santa Suit demo (showing off the four relevant clothing items that I've located) in my Christmas-in-progress room. So far Nook has sold me seven other Christmas furniture items (along with wall and carpet), and Nintendo has sent two more, so my room as starting to look quite festive. I should add a fireplace.
#15Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:05:01 PM
Liquefy posted...
I just got a mannequin from Kate, so I can confirm that you can get three. It didn't take much "befriending," and, similar to Mabel, she gave it to me after a purchase.

Kate? Who's that?

---
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#16zenxacredPosted 12/10/2012 3:08:08 PM
Hours_Left posted...
Liquefy posted...

Kate? Who's that?

She sells hats.
---
~ SG/Zen ~
XBL/Steam: ZenXacred
#17The_FoolXXIIPosted 12/10/2012 3:14:37 PM
Hours_Left posted...
Liquefy posted...

Kate? Who's that?

It's Labelle's name in Japan.
---
MORNING RESCUE!
The Official Litwick and Bianca of the BW2 Boards
#18LiquefyPosted 12/10/2012 3:53:09 PM
Hours_Left posted...
Kate? Who's that?

She's in what Mabel calls the "Accessory Corner."
#19Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:53:40 PM
The_FoolXXII posted...
Hours_Left posted...
Liquefy posted...

Kate? Who's that?

It's Labelle's name in Japan.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

There are so many name discrepancies in this series between the different versions.

---
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#20ThadBarrPosted 12/10/2012 4:03:35 PM
Hours_Left posted...
There are so many name discrepancies in this series between the different versions.

Name discrepancies? What's surprising about that? My favorite are the gender discrepancies.