This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Redd scammed me...

#1PokeJunglePosted 12/9/2012 5:46:26 AM
I bought a statue for some 3 thousand bells and he kept telling me to wait so it could be prepared because it was too heavy to carry. Haven't received anything in the mail and it's been 2 days so I assume I'm just out now :x

What's the deal? Was I supposed to come back after his tent was closed??
---
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fastest Pokemon news, best blog ever: http://pokejungle.net
#2joeylfyPosted 12/9/2012 8:17:17 AM
You will usually get it in the mail the next morning. =)
#3SquirrelettePosted 12/9/2012 8:55:17 AM
Redd is a scam artist? Who knew?
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#4PeterJK_471Posted 12/9/2012 9:30:50 AM
Oh Redd, you so Crazy.
---
GT: PeterJK258
PSN:DarkyForLife471
#5ChubbyMuffin77Posted 12/9/2012 10:48:42 AM
Welcome to the real world.
---
Do A Barrel Roll!
#6ODommPosted 12/9/2012 10:55:22 AM
If you come back and confront him next time he is town, some special event has to trigger.
Something has to happen, you're the friggin mayor for God's sake. If the game goes on normally after he scams you, something is wrong because realistically, you wold have him arrested or something haha
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 74/240 Dominion wins
#7ThadBarrPosted 12/9/2012 5:56:51 PM(edited)
With NL, you can actually identify which painting are counterfeit before you buy them, so this time around you have a fighting chance against Redd (and only yourself to blame if you get taken).

However, the topic creator actually seemed to have a different problem. If I understood his concern correctly, his issue was that Redd never delivered the package through the mail after purchase.

And I can't really help there. All my packages from Redd have arrived. I did have one letter from Gulliver that I was expecting never show up, but maybe not. He had given me a repeat of the Scotland quiz, and maybe he just didn't send it because I'd already received the item once before.
#8ArreiPosted 12/9/2012 6:04:47 PM
ThadBarr posted...
With NL, you can actually identify which painting are counterfeit before you buy them, so this time around you have a fighting chance against Redd (and only yourself to blame if you get taken).

Izzat so? Can you elaborate?

Is there a telltale sign or something that warns you he's scamming you? As I recall previous entries' anti-Redd manuevers were never foolproof.
#9ThadBarrPosted 12/9/2012 6:15:40 PM
from a previous post of mine--

"...It turns out, yes, you can actually tell which painting are counterfeit before you buy. Unfortunately, the link has kana in it, so I can't post it in full. Here's the start point, however:

http://ebiyokan.straw-berry.net/butsumori_3ds/

Looking at the left column, head down to the Top 10 at the very bottom. Locate for the katakana/hirgana link "Aitemu / Meiga" and click. Alternately, call up the page in with Chrome, hit translate, and find "Niece is items", again, at the bottom of the left column in the Top 10.

Unfortunately, the list is not yet complete, and it helps to know something about the original painting to be able to positive id a fake. For example, the fake "Girl with a Pearl Earring" (by Johannes Vermeer) has an orange headscarf. The original has a blue one.

If you can't achieve that level of certainty, do what Liquefy suggested. Create three more characters and buy out Redd's stock every week. There are a number of other events where having four characters is going to benefit you, anyway."
#10ArreiPosted 12/9/2012 6:18:52 PM
Okay.

That is awesome.

Although I'm no art history buff so I'll probably have no idea what's real and what's fake, ha.