This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm thinking about getting this game, how good is it?

#1Spboy95Posted 1/21/2013 11:40:20 AM
I've never played an Animal Crossing game, and I was thinking about getting this game. How is it? What do you do? What are the online features?
---
Too manygames this year! My wallet is gonna die D:
#2Anticitizen97Posted 1/21/2013 12:58:18 PM
Spboy95 posted...
I've never played an Animal Crossing game, and I was thinking about getting this game. How is it? What do you do? What are the online features?

The game is like the sims, except the sims kinda suck in my opinion, but I love this game.

How is it?

Well this is just my opinion obviously, but I find this game to be one of the most addictive, charming, simple, and time wasting games I have every played. Time wasting in the good way, by the way!

What do you do?

The game is a life simulator, basically. You enter your town and make a life, and friends. you can expand your tiny house by paying off your mortgage, but to make money you can fish, catch bugs, sell fossils, and a lot more. Almost all items can be sold to the shop for bells (money). New Leaf also introduced the feature of making you the mayor, which allows you a lot more town customization. Alas, I can't read Japanese so I haven't played this yet, so another poster would be more helpful on telling you the new features. I guess i'll have to wait for the NA release.

What are the online features?

Online lets you go to other peoples towns to trade items, collect their fruit (Each town starts with only one native fruit), things of that nature. I believe you can have up to four people in a town. There is text chat but I do not believe any voice chat is presence.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask :D
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 4
#3SomeLikeItHothPosted 1/21/2013 5:46:46 PM
I haven't played this game yet either, but if you want to try out Animal Crossing, get the one for the Nintendo GameCube.
---
Number of users that like it hoth: 264
Number of users that don't like it hoth: 102
#4ThadBarrPosted 1/21/2013 7:18:19 PM
Actually, the old Gamecube game doesn't properly match what Animal Crossing: New Leaf is like these days.

The updated DS Animal Crossing: Wild World is much closer to the mark. Even Animal Crossing: City Folk is better at giving a feel for what ACNL is like. Just don't run on the grass in CF. Ever.

Anyway, a used Wild World is 15 bucks on Amazon, 20 on ebay or at Gamestop. You may as well just save your cash--just watch a few old WW or CF video on Youtube and decide that way. ACNL hasn't changed all that much from WW/CF.
#5ChubbyMuffin77Posted 1/21/2013 9:23:30 PM
For somebody who hasn't played an Animal Crossing yet, I don't know if I would recommend getting an older version to play while you wait just because then the experience might be dulled down when this one comes out. Just my opinion though.
---
Do A Barrel Roll!
#6Spboy95(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:54:08 PM
Anticitizen97 posted...
Spboy95 posted...

The game is like the sims, except the sims kinda suck in my opinion, but I love this game.

How is it?

Well this is just my opinion obviously, but I find this game to be one of the most addictive, charming, simple, and time wasting games I have every played. Time wasting in the good way, by the way!

What do you do?

The game is a life simulator, basically. You enter your town and make a life, and friends. you can expand your tiny house by paying off your mortgage, but to make money you can fish, catch bugs, sell fossils, and a lot more. Almost all items can be sold to the shop for bells (money). New Leaf also introduced the feature of making you the mayor, which allows you a lot more town customization. Alas, I can't read Japanese so I haven't played this yet, so another poster would be more helpful on telling you the new features. I guess i'll have to wait for the NA release.

What are the online features?

Online lets you go to other peoples towns to trade items, collect their fruit (Each town starts with only one native fruit), things of that nature. I believe you can have up to four people in a town. There is text chat but I do not believe any voice chat is presence.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask :D

Thanks, I'll let you know :)
---
Too manygames this year! My wallet is gonna die D: