This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this game more for the casual or hardcore audience?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 1/28/2013 2:17:24 PM
I say hardcore, but then I realize that a lot of people who get Animal Crossing only do so they can socialize with their friends. At least, that's always my case. But I do enjoy fishing and catching bugs and building and modeling my house and all what not....
#2Boo DestroyerPosted 1/28/2013 2:32:20 PM
I don't see how it's hardcore. Elaborate.
#3wizaerdPosted 1/28/2013 2:44:22 PM
Animal Crossing Hardcore? Really? Hardcore? Seems ones definition of hardcore isn't so very hardcore at all.
---
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
#4ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:59:41 PM
I don't know. Making a perfect town, completing the museum, getting every item. You know. That stuff.
#5wizaerdPosted 1/28/2013 3:08:17 PM
ponyseizures posted...
I don't know. Making a perfect town, completing the museum, getting every item. You know. That stuff.

That's not a "hardcore" player, that's more of a "completionist" player.
---
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
#6Boo DestroyerPosted 1/28/2013 3:31:50 PM
Yeah, you're not supposed to "beat" Animal Crossing. I feel sorry for anyone who plays it that way.

So yeah, I don't see how else AC is "hardcore". Just because it had a stage in Brawl? Yeah, no.
#7ODommPosted 1/28/2013 3:49:02 PM
I heard they're premiering New Leaf at some MLG events later in the year. I'm pulling for Team Gank Shotz
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#8AkaimizuPosted 1/28/2013 3:59:09 PM
Nah. A game made more for some core-gaming audience generally makes most of the game difficult for a casual gamer to get into.

This game is hardly that. In fact, it is easier to get around and do the things you want than a game of the Sims. A series that often ties you down with a lot of strict time character care-taking and management to get in the way of just doing fun activities.

For some, they'd enjoy that simmy(sp?) stuff.

This is more of a game where if you want to go fishing, you just do it. You want to create a new design, you just do it. Rearrange and redesign your entire house interiors, just do it. No worries about whether you need to eat at proper times, manage sleep, or get to work on time.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#9Richdrum333Posted 1/28/2013 4:20:35 PM
Animal Crossing is definitely a casual gaming experience. Hardcore would be the Call of Duty, GTA, and Assassin's Creed kinda crowd.
---
I believe I have fallen into the deepest pits of insanity. Please leave me down here for awhile.
#10JTC87Posted 1/29/2013 2:17:30 AM
It depends on what you mean by hardcore. I see hardcore as being someone that plays a game to its fullest as in completion status. In my eyes this game is versatile and can cater to the casual gamers or the hardcore gamers (completionists)