This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They've already made this game before.

#11sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/1/2013 8:47:01 PM
chocolatethund4 posted...
Claverbro posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
-Some- new features? More like a TON of new features.

You're the Mayor. You have an assistant. You get to build things outside. You get to choose where your house is. You get to swim and dive, which adds a new section to collectibles. The graphics are a hell of a lot better than previous games. You get to differentiate between shirts and pants, and you get shoes and socks.

This is only the small amount of information that I actually know, because I'm honestly not following the game that much, though I do want it. There's probably a lot of things I'm missing.

I'd expect a little better than that after all the time it's been since CF, which wasn't anymore than a lazy Wii port. They haven't changed the game since WW, which was what, 8 years ago? You can say I'm trolling, but the progress they've made here is minuscule. They've basically released an expansion pack after 8 years.

Woah, Im pretty sure new leaf is a true sequel. Ther terms you are using you consider a sequel to be a totally different game. Animal crossing has to keep it's animal crossing elements to make it animal crossing. Don't be hating on animal crossing, if you want to complain about bad sequels go to CoD forums not here.

You could stop being a fanboy and respect someone elses opinion. He has just as much of a right to post why he doesn't like the game as you do to post why you do like it.
#12chocolatethund4Posted 2/1/2013 9:23:20 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
Claverbro posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
-Some- new features? More like a TON of new features.

You're the Mayor. You have an assistant. You get to build things outside. You get to choose where your house is. You get to swim and dive, which adds a new section to collectibles. The graphics are a hell of a lot better than previous games. You get to differentiate between shirts and pants, and you get shoes and socks.

This is only the small amount of information that I actually know, because I'm honestly not following the game that much, though I do want it. There's probably a lot of things I'm missing.

I'd expect a little better than that after all the time it's been since CF, which wasn't anymore than a lazy Wii port. They haven't changed the game since WW, which was what, 8 years ago? You can say I'm trolling, but the progress they've made here is minuscule. They've basically released an expansion pack after 8 years.

Woah, Im pretty sure new leaf is a true sequel. Ther terms you are using you consider a sequel to be a totally different game. Animal crossing has to keep it's animal crossing elements to make it animal crossing. Don't be hating on animal crossing, if you want to complain about bad sequels go to CoD forums not here.

You could stop being a fanboy and respect someone elses opinion. He has just as much of a right to post why he doesn't like the game as you do to post why you do like it.

I didn't say I was a fanboy of anything, and I was stating MY opinion too. If he posts a topic then he should expect people to give him feedback on his thoughts and our opinions. And hey, if someone posts something good, not saying it could be me, he could like that person's opinion rather his own. And I was just making a joke about cod. Wasn't aiming my response in a negative way if thats how you were reading it.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#13howdydoodlePosted 2/1/2013 9:53:13 PM
Don't. Feed. The. Troll.
---
Video games ruined my life! Fortunately, I still have 2 lives left.
#14Claverbro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:39:45 PM

You'd actually say that the AC sequels are better than the CoD sequels? Each CoD sequel at the very least has a new campaign, and new multiplayer maps/modes to hold players over for a few months. That is a sequel, albeit not very innovative, but a sequel nonetheless.

For the last three games, AC has given almost exclusively the same environment, villagers, furniture sets, infrastructure, etc, adding only a few new things on with each successor, and this game seems to be no different.

Swimming, noted. Occupation changed from villager to mayor, fine. But how will you interact with the world each session? I think you have an idea, because you'll be doing the same monotonous bell collecting, furniture hunting, fossil collecting busy work you've been doing the entire time.

If you still find that fun, great, you already have three games of it. It's painful to see people content with this series' stagnation though. I'd much rather them take risks, then fiddle around and play it safe for this long.

Here's hoping for a fresh, true successor to the original AC at some point in the future.
#15ThadBarrPosted 2/2/2013 7:49:38 PM
The topic creator has a point. He stated it much better the second time around, but he was more or less right the first time, too.

This is the best version of AC ever, and I'm glad I downloaded it on Japanese launch day, but I'll probably end up playing this the least of any of the four versions.
#16sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/2/2013 8:16:52 PM
Claverbro posted...

You'd actually say that the AC sequels are better than the CoD sequels? Each CoD sequel at the very least has a new campaign, and new multiplayer maps/modes to hold players over for a few months. That is a sequel, albeit not very innovative, but a sequel nonetheless.

For the last three games, AC has given almost exclusively the same environment, villagers, furniture sets, infrastructure, etc, adding only a few new things on with each successor, and this game seems to be no different.

Swimming, noted. Occupation changed from villager to mayor, fine. But how will you interact with the world each session? I think you have an idea, because you'll be doing the same monotonous bell collecting, furniture hunting, fossil collecting busy work you've been doing the entire time.

If you still find that fun, great, you already have three games of it. It's painful to see people content with this series' stagnation though. I'd much rather them take risks, then fiddle around and play it safe for this long.

Here's hoping for a fresh, true successor to the original AC at some point in the future.

Comparing CoD to anything, in any situation, is just... bad. CoD is probably the worst, most repetitive, most monotonous, most rehashed, most overrated series I can think of in the entire history of video games.
#17JimmieAndrogynyPosted 2/3/2013 1:42:07 AM
Oh no! I already decided I want to get it. If only you had told me sooner....
---
Like you I once was. Like me you will be.
#18retrogamer28Posted 2/3/2013 3:08:47 PM
Sorry, but you aren't making much to sense, to me at least. Lets make a few comparisons.
"A new campaign" is basically just a new story and map, right? (I don't play CoD, so I must make some assumptions) Well New Leaf pretty much has the most different story of any AC game, and (I have been avoiding most spoilers, so this is off a quote from pre-release) has the largest town of any animal crossing game. So that's covered. "New multiplayer Maps/Modes" Modes is covered by the mini games on the island, and each town has a random generated town, so it has always had more maps than CoD. The point of a sequel, to me, is to refine and build upon things that are staples of the series (for CoD, more weapons/perks, and maps are building, while controls and graphics are being refined. Animal Crossing has the collections, fruit and customization to build, and graphics/art design and shops to refine), while adding a few new features in each game that may or may not continue to be placed in future titles (CoD has, something, I honestly don't know what, and animal crossing is getting the shop area, bigger beaches, swimming/diving, mayor, delicious fruit, the island was technically in the original but is different enough to count.).

TL;DR, Animal Crossing is just as innovative, if not more so, than Call of Duty between each title. The definition of sequel (to me) is "to refine and build upon things that are staples of the series", while also "adding a few new features in each game that may or may not continue to be placed in future titles".
#19chocolatethund4Posted 2/3/2013 4:47:38 PM
Claverbro posted...

Sounds like you don't plan on getting animal crossing new leaf, whatever floats your boat, thats fine with me. But I've decided I'll still pursue this god awful series and do repetitive boring things everyday until my 3ds burns out. Oh well.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#20Megagamer1Posted 2/3/2013 8:35:27 PM
Claverbro posted...
Why are you even excited? There's some new features, but it'll feel exactly the same as the last 3 games. You've played it before. Three times.

Well, I missed the latest installment. I've also found that AC works best on a handheld console, and the online play is sure to be exciting.
---
eh