This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looks like I'll be (unintentionally) quitting AC cold turkey before NL releases.

#1BigDaddyWingnutPosted 2/2/2013 6:28:55 PM
80/80

I'll explain. A week or so ago, the laser on my Wii died. This means no more City Folk OR GC AC as I no longer have a Game Cube. I also sold my copy of Wild World years ago, so that's out. I wouldn't really care as I wanted to stop playing AC before NL came out anyway. I'm just bummed that I'm gonna lose all my CF stuff. :(

Anyone else taking a hiatus from AC so NL feels fresh and exciting?
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
A man is incomplete until he gets married. Then he's finished...
#2WitchBaby4200Posted 2/2/2013 6:49:02 PM
Aww! I'm sorry to hear that Wingnut! :( That's a shame! I purchased the original GC version a few months ago. Started to play it and then stopped. I just couldn't get into it. I enjoyed it, but I kept wishing it was NL. So cold turkey here too. :/
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#3chocolatethund4Posted 2/2/2013 8:07:43 PM
It's not all that bad, you only got a couple of months to go as most people suspect. Plus, not playing animal crossing increases the awesomeness and excitement for the new one. Going straight to the new one from playing the old ones isn't as refreshing as holding back on the others to build up your excitement for the new one.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#4JimmieAndrogynyPosted 2/2/2013 11:23:55 PM
I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan, but personally I've played each one enough to make me completely uninterested in starting a new game. I haven't touched an Animal Crossing game since I stopped playing City Folk in 2011, and the hiatus is going to make it that much sweeter when we get New Leaf.
---
Like you I once was. Like me you will be.
#5chameleonsoupPosted 2/3/2013 2:34:07 AM
Oh, ouch. Well hopefully NL won't be too long now :)
It's awful losing all that work though, I feel for you.
---
3ds 3952-6991-8891
Apologize to the funyarinpa!
#6SammichLoverPosted 2/3/2013 12:11:47 PM
I haven't played AC since I gave away my copy of AC: WW like 5 or so years ago.
---
WARNING: READING THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR EYES TO IMPLODE
- Ministry of Health
#7FullMetalPanicPosted 2/3/2013 12:25:38 PM
You could get new lasers for your Wii.
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [ 2062 | 9168 | 6736 ]
#8thatmovingbushPosted 2/3/2013 2:48:38 PM
rough luck, sorry to hear that. do you regret selling WW? The ability to play a game 10+ years from now is the reason I never sell my games (unless they suck).
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#9WitchBaby4200Posted 2/3/2013 9:19:00 PM
thatmovingbush posted...
rough luck, sorry to hear that. do you regret selling WW? The ability to play a game 10+ years from now is the reason I never sell my games (unless they suck).

Ditto! I'm the same way. I've maybe sold 2-3 games in my lifetime. Just because they didn't appeal to me at all.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#10TigerShirtMilesPosted 2/3/2013 9:39:59 PM
My cart of WW stopped working about a year and a half ago... this was after more than four years playing almost every day, even if for only 15 minutes or so.
Since no place had it for a reasonable price back then, it was pretty rough.
I will most definitely be ready for New Leaf once it finally gets here. I have had a launch 3DS in anticipation of this game.