This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aren't paths unpractical ?

#1cayrelouPosted 5/5/2013 8:55:20 AM
Well, I was always wondering why there are so many people that make a path in their town.

I mean, it's easy to remove unintentionally (or not), am I wrong ? And when friends are coming to your town, they could remove them all and then you have to replace them, which should take a long time.

The world need answers !
#2danflyhightPosted 5/5/2013 9:14:24 AM
If you're friends are doing that in your town then I wouldn't invite them over lol. But I mean it might be a nice way to get people to walk around your town in this game. I mean with being mayor and setting up places in your town how you want, a pathway would be a nice way to show off your town and show how far along you are.
---
Xbox Live GT: Dan Flyhight
3DS FC: 1564-1910-7266 Name: Snowman PM me if you add me so I know
#3MojoWillPosted 5/5/2013 10:10:55 AM
I would have to agree with you TC, I feel paths are impratical for every purpose except for overall looks, but the same thing could be said for the houses. I will probably not be using paths, i say probably because if i do, it'll be only a small section (maybe a walk-in garden)
#4mnkboy907Posted 5/5/2013 10:51:49 AM(edited)
I believe they changed the controls a bit in this game so that run and pick up aren't the same button anymore, which should help drastically when it comes to accidentally picking up pattern tiles.

EDIT: Yep, B to run and Y to pick up.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z7h3ZVX.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."
#5cayrelou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:01:43 AM
Aaaaah, that's great !
#6KidJonesPosted 5/5/2013 11:11:16 AM
Besides the looks in the town my main reason for putting paths down in CF was because of grass wear. I didn't want it happening everywhere so I made paths to central points. After a while of playing when some patterns would get picked up you could see that area was completely worn down to dirt (which could be appealing to people who want dirt paths).
#7YamagishiDPosted 5/5/2013 12:56:15 PM
In this game paths and tiles completely block grass degradation though.
#8jeronimo777Posted 5/5/2013 12:58:11 PM
Even in Wild World you could use paths without worrying about accidentally picking up a tile. You could just hold the R button to run rather than the B button. But yeah, I'm definitely using a path for this game in order to keep my town looking pretty.
---
Currently playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Animal Crossing Wild World.
#9KixiesPosted 5/5/2013 3:41:44 PM
YamagishiD posted...

There is still grass degradation below paths in New Leaf. Paths are pretty though :) and still a good way for people to make dirt paths.
#10ArreiPosted 5/5/2013 4:03:05 PM
Kixies posted...
YamagishiD posted...

There is still grass degradation below paths in New Leaf. Paths are pretty though :) and still a good way for people to make dirt paths.

People with the game have been saying patterns block grass erosion. Like at http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/41357009523/animal-crossing-new-leaf-grass-wear-grass-wear-can-be