This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

StreetPass features?

#1NarutoPosted 5/6/2013 4:50:44 AM
I know about the Happy Home Showcase, but are there any other StreetPass features? I have access to two 3DS systems so I'm wondering if there's any benefit to activating New Leaf's SP on both systems with one cart so the same file can SP itself. There are benefits for other games that utilize SP like Soul Hackers or Fire Emblem, but how about New Leaf? Otherwise I'd just get the digital version of New Leaf because I prefer not having to switch carts just to play AC everyday.
#2ThadBarrPosted 5/6/2013 9:25:05 AM(edited)
There a couple minor benefits. The main plus is that you'll have constant access to the various gift items at the Happy Home Showcase (balloons, etc). There are quite a few of those things...
#3Naruto(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:04:05 PM
Thank you, but can you please elaborate?
#4ThadBarrPosted 5/6/2013 7:51:46 PM
Naruto posted...
...I have access to two 3DS systems so I'm wondering if there's any benefit to activating New Leaf's SP on both systems with one cart so the same file can SP itself.

I was dead tired when I posted my previous response, and I'm not doing all that much better now. I can only add one thing right now, is that, as I reread your original question...

And that is, I'm not sure what you are describing is possible. Essentially, your village would be streetpassing with...your village. And I can't imagine that game would allow that, 2 different 3DS units or not.
#5LightHawKnightPosted 5/6/2013 8:15:19 PM
ThadBarr posted...
Naruto posted...
...I have access to two 3DS systems so I'm wondering if there's any benefit to activating New Leaf's SP on both systems with one cart so the same file can SP itself.

I was dead tired when I posted my previous response, and I'm not doing all that much better now. I can only add one thing right now, is that, as I reread your original question...

And that is, I'm not sure what you are describing is possible. Essentially, your village would be streetpassing with...your village. And I can't imagine that game would allow that, 2 different 3DS units or not.

It could be possible, since well many other games can do it. For example, for Soul Hackers I just load up the game in my first 3DS and make sure streetpass is set up for the game and then take it out and place it back into my FE 3DS and with the exact same game file, I can street pass myself without the game caring a whit. Both 3DS are using the same save file, which I make sure to go on to both games to get the D souls I require from both 3DSes.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6Naruto(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 9:28:10 PM
Exactly. Are there any other bonuses besides being able to buy stuff from SP homes? I'm guessing to assume that buying duplicates of your own stuff isn't actually useful.
#7ThadBarrPosted 5/6/2013 10:21:59 PM(edited)
Naruto posted...
Are there any other bonuses besides being able to buy stuff from SP homes?

I'm finally awake enough to give you a useful answer. There are, by my count, 42 items that you can only received via streetpassing. Search for "streetpass" in Liquefy's FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246). The first two results will be in the section you're asking about.

Your plan might also speed up receiving the Streetpass badges, but it's unclear if the badges require unique hits or just any old hit including priors. The only person I know of on this board that would know about the unique vs. prior detail would be Liquefy. His FAQ is silent on the matter, though.

I'm still very dubious about the feasibility of your scheme, but at least you have a useful answer now. And aside from the two points that I mentioned above, I really can't think of any other possible benefit to you.
#8110010Posted 5/7/2013 12:35:56 AM
ThadBarr posted...
Naruto posted...

I'm finally awake enough to give you a useful answer. There are, by my count, 42 items that you can only received via streetpassing. Search for "streetpass" in Liquefy's FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246). The first two results will be in the section you're asking about.

Your plan might also speed up receiving the Streetpass badges, but it's unclear if the badges require unique hits or just any old hit including priors. The only person I know of on this board that would know about the unique vs. prior detail would be Liquefy. His FAQ is silent on the matter, though.

I'm still very dubious about the feasibility of your scheme, but at least you have a useful answer now. And aside from the two points that I mentioned above, I really can't think of any other possible benefit to you.

If I'm not mistaken didn't they say that somethings like houses that were meant to be streetpass will now be dlc for the US region?
---
GT: Agent Kei
FC: 4339 - 3332 - 6071
#9LightHawKnightPosted 5/7/2013 11:26:03 AM
110010 posted...
ThadBarr posted...
Naruto posted...

If I'm not mistaken didn't they say that somethings like houses that were meant to be streetpass will now be dlc for the US region?

Will it be DLC or bought by streetpass coins?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10Ultimate3DSFanPosted 5/7/2013 1:07:22 PM
ThadBarr posted...
Naruto posted...

And I can't imagine that game would allow that, 2 different 3DS units or not.

Happened to me with Mario 3D Land
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. 3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
GameFAQs' #1 Impractical Jokers Fan! LARRY!