This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The wetsuit

#1PicclemanPosted 5/7/2013 5:52:24 PM
Is it just like a shovel, axe, etc. and you can just buy one at the store if there's one there? Or do you have to actually earn somehow? That is, i'm assuming you can get one for use in your town. I know on the island you "borrow" one like the other tools. Another question I have is, if you can swim from your town, how do they set a limit on where you can swim to?
---
Xbox 360 GT: Piccleman3
#2AkaimizuPosted 5/7/2013 6:00:34 PM
I do see people that have the wetsuit for the town, but I'm unsure myself what they needed to do for that. On the other hand, all videos I've seen, where they do attempt to swim out, show obvious rope barriers for which you can't swim past. Similar to the actual rope barriers you usually see at beaches. Just that the game keeps you from swimming past that.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#3Lucario_PlayerPosted 5/7/2013 6:06:30 PM
Wetsuits are able to be bought, but only through the island shop whenever they get them in for 40 "island currency" which you get the currency from the mini games from the island. Then it can be sent back through the Box that transports things from the island.

And as said above, there is a rope barrier that separates how far you can go (and... it sometimes gets annoying when the "Sea life" gets past that barrier making it unobtainable since that is the boundary)
---
Raffling items for Animal Crossing New Leaf when it comes out on my Youtube Channel! Enter today!
http://www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14 (3DS videos and more)
#4bluegirlfriendPosted 5/7/2013 6:07:52 PM
a wetsuit???? oh brother!!! where are the boardshorts and BIKINIS in this game!!!

wetsuits stink...
---
OFFICIAL P.I.M.P. of Animal Crossing NEW LEAF!!!!
#5ThadBarrPosted 5/7/2013 6:15:35 PM
Wetsuits cost, or rather trade for, 40 medals at the Island. Wetsuits aren't available for trade all the time at the Island. I'd say they are offered only 25% to 30% of the time. Perhaps less.

Medals can be obtained via minigames. Each minigame takes between two and ten minutes. Most introductory level minigames yield 6 to 8 medals for "perfect" scores, but expert level minigames give better rewards.

The Tuna Fishing Tour gives 20 medals per perfect trip (which takes 5 or 6 minutes). But you can get 16 via the Expert Scavenger Hunt if you can finish it in under four minutes. I can sometimes do it in two minutes--in Japanese (and I'm hardly an expert)--so this is likely to be the best deal when NA/EU come out.

The expert level tours have to be unlocked, however. By playing the easier minigames, natch.

Also, you will earn medals when competing against others at the Island Club. You'll need to score 5000 medals to earn the Island Minigame Gold Level Merit Badge. Hope you like minigames.
#6AkaimizuPosted 5/7/2013 6:19:01 PM
Wetsuits stink?

But...but..but I love wetsuits. Some have cool designs. If there's anything that feels missing is that you don't get a surf-board to go with that wetsuit. You only swim and dive.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#7bluegirlfriendPosted 5/7/2013 6:29:22 PM
wetsuits shmetsuits.. there needs to be some FLAIR and appeal and i am sorry wetsuits do not cut it... but if we have to deal with them in this game...oh well..
---
OFFICIAL P.I.M.P. of Animal Crossing NEW LEAF!!!!
#8Tails288Posted 5/7/2013 6:33:58 PM
Nathan Drake gives it to you.
---
Reviving PATRATS. Members: 4
Official Emboar of the B/W Boards!
#9AkaimizuPosted 5/7/2013 6:45:04 PM
You'll get your flair and appeal. Just that you have to stay out of the water for it. But maybe that's just me, that I feel wetsuits also have flair and appeal. Though I may not be into all the color choices, though.
---
#10Piccleman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 6:52:08 PM
Ohh, that's another interesting point. What about colors? Do they like sell a different color each day, or does it pick randomly, or does it pertain to you in some way?
---
Xbox 360 GT: Piccleman3