This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never understood the store hours

#1PicclemanPosted 5/13/2013 5:25:27 PM
Why is it that as you upgrade the Nook shops, they stay open later, then earlier, then later, then earlier? I'd think the shop closing earlier would be a bit of a downgrade. I'd like to get to the one that stays open till midnight and keep the hours at that.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Piccleman3
#2WitchBaby4200Posted 5/13/2013 5:28:23 PM
Night Owl ordinance. Problem solved. :)
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#3KidJonesPosted 5/13/2013 5:31:01 PM
soooo is this really a question or just a complaint? I think an example like CF explains a lot since when Nook's changed to the convenience type (Nookway I believe) it stayed open later since convenience usually stay open later than most stores. While on the other hand malls had more items but closed at a earlier time. Just depends on the store type. Just use early bird or nightowl if you want the store to open earlier or close later.
#4Piccleman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 5:31:19 PM
But, with the Night Owl ordinance if it closes at midnight it'll close at 3am. Then the next upgrade will basically be like I took away the ordinance. (closes at 8pm = 11pm, still earlier)
---
#5KidJonesPosted 5/13/2013 5:33:56 PM
Piccleman posted...
But, with the Night Owl ordinance if it closes at midnight it'll close at 3am. Then the next upgrade will basically be like I took away the ordinance. (closes at 8pm = 11pm, still earlier)

I don't think stores upgrade like in CF anymore. Night Owl is still the answer. I'll look around though a bit with the power of Google.
#6KidJonesPosted 5/13/2013 5:38:19 PM(edited)
google is your friend :) http://acnewleaf.com/2013/03/06/the-stores-of-animal-crossing-new-leaf-and-how-to-unlock-them/

Anyways the stores do upgrade like old games yet with night owl the earliest any of the stores close is 12am while other versions close much later. So Night Owl it is.

Just remember the upgrades are not always full out upgrades. They have pros and cons. Will you rather have more options of things to buy or close later. If one upgrade doesn't appeal than stick with another.
#7nintendoggerPosted 5/13/2013 5:38:36 PM
I believe Nook and Go was always my choice store due to this issue. (if not that it was Nookway, whichever had the better hours).
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and The Legend of the River King.
#8Piccleman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 5:48:54 PM
So are the Night Owl and Early Bird ordinances not always 3 hour changes then? I assumed that was the case.
---
#9KidJonesPosted 5/13/2013 5:55:04 PM
Piccleman posted...
So are the Night Owl and Early Bird ordinances not always 3 hour changes then? I assumed that was the case.

At least with Nooks stores it seems to vary depending on which model you have.
#10EbonMagicianPosted 5/13/2013 6:43:56 PM
Night owl ordinance isn't night owl enough for me! Needs to be till 4-5am at least!
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu