This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DLC Items

#1Kinneth123Posted 5/23/2013 12:39:15 PM
I recall reading an article saying all the DLC for this game would be free, but what kind of DLC is there exactly?

Is it like the ? Block and green pipe and other Nintendo items from Wild World that were from certain events?
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#2WitchBaby4200Posted 5/23/2013 12:46:38 PM
All the Nintendo items are found in Nook's shop as Fortune Cookies. Each cookie costs 2 Play Coins. Make sure to get some walking in! The DLC will special furniture, etc. For example right now they have some cool leaf furniture going on that I totally want!
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#3Lucario_PlayerPosted 5/23/2013 12:49:34 PM
Those items are actually in the game from Fortune Cookies that you can buy for 2 play coins (with 1 or 2 fortune cookies being sold a day depending on if you have the first store or an upgraded store)

The DLC items are just different unique items you get monthly, with maybe some advertisement items as well like how Japan got spotpass items from Campus Notebook once a week for a few weeks.

Then the English version will also be getting a villager once a day in the streetpass area from spotpass (since... Japan doesn't have to worry about not hitting anyone from streetpass due to the abundance of 3DSes while... almost everywhere else doesn't pretty much besides places like New York City and all)
---
Raffling items for Animal Crossing New Leaf when it comes out on my Youtube Channel! Enter today!
http://www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14 (3DS videos and more)
#4Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 12:52:16 PM
Ah, okay.

So Nintendo furniture is all that comes from fortune cookies, then?
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#5Lucario_PlayerPosted 5/23/2013 1:24:50 PM
Pretty much with a few "loser" fortune cookies that award just a regular item whether it is furniture, carpet, etc. (1-50 is what a fortune cookie has and... like between 5 and 7 of the numbers are the "loser" numbers so it's a low chance to get the loser numbers)
---
Raffling items for Animal Crossing New Leaf when it comes out on my Youtube Channel! Enter today!
http://www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14 (3DS videos and more)
#6Ultimate3DSFanPosted 5/23/2013 1:31:19 PM
WitchBaby4200 posted...
All the Nintendo items are found in Nook's shop as Fortune Cookies. Each cookie costs 2 Play Coins. Make sure to get some walking in! The DLC will special furniture, etc. For example right now they have some cool leaf furniture going on that I totally want!

Good thing I have 300 play coins!
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. 3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
GameFAQs' #1 Impractical Jokers Fan! LARRY!
#7ThadBarrPosted 5/23/2013 2:15:40 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
I recall reading an article saying all the DLC for this game would be free, but what kind of DLC is there exactly?

Players of the JP version have received several holiday items via DLC, along with an entire new furniture series based on stationery and office/school supplies. We've also received three pieces of plant-themed furniture that may be the start of another series, and a couple other miscellaneous items.

Most of it can be bought from the catalog, so NA/EU players will be able to access it fairly quickly.

There was also a special set of 7/11 DLC items...However, these cannot be ordered from the catalog, and you had to physically present in Japan to receive them, so many if not most importers missed out on these. But considering the fact that there was a similar DLC event at Toys R Us in the US for WW, we may very well see similar on-site DLC events for NA/EU. Just not at 7/11.