This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How soon are things unlocked?

#1Zarren364Posted 6/7/2013 8:32:28 AM
As far as the different stores, upgrades to the stores, and the museum and what not. How long either in days, or money spent, does it take to unlock stores?
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#2dzimmPosted 6/7/2013 8:38:22 AM
You know what? Don't worry about it. Just play, relax, have fun, and things will unlock eventually. This isn't a game that you're supposed to "beat" by unlocking everything as quickly as possible.

But I suppose if you really must know then buy the strategy guide since it probably tells you all of this stuff.
#3Zarren364(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 8:47:19 AM(edited)
dzimm posted...
You know what? Don't worry about it. Just play, relax, have fun, and things will unlock eventually. This isn't a game that you're supposed to "beat" by unlocking everything as quickly as possible.

But I suppose if you really must know then buy the strategy guide since it probably tells you all of this stuff.

Look, I understand that this game is a more relaxed game, I've played them before, but why I want to know is what I have to do is unlock things, especially because I know that things are unlocked in very different ways compared to the way they were unlocked in different ways compared to past games. I just want to make sure that if something is unlocked via the mayoral shenanigans, that I am taking care of it in order rather than delaying the progress of my town by neglecting things.

So I'm using this as less of a completionist thing, and more of a "Am I on track?" kind of thing. So I don't find out in on day twenty that I could have a shop built on day ten, and then had an upgrade in there as well.

---
#4thetooksPosted 6/7/2013 8:46:55 AM
Pretty sure the Wiki has unlock requirements for the new buildings.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_New_Leaf
---
3DS FC: 2466 - 2215 - 7895
Name: Tooks
#5His_Last_ChancePosted 6/7/2013 9:21:01 AM
http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Main+Street

Some of the various requirements to unlock stuff is on this site but you'll end up spoilering yourself quite a bit
---
Walkthroughs and guides aren't cheating. They are just helpful hints for the troubled.
#6Zarren364(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 9:23:20 AM
Ugh, *facepalm*, it seems I completely forgot about the wiki. Thank you for that. At least it looks like things aren't as complicated as I thought.
---
#7LiquefyPosted 6/7/2013 9:45:40 AM
Remember that wiki sites are unreliable sources for information. Consult my FAQ (you ARE on GameFAQs, after all) for the correct information.