This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People can...steal your villagers?

#11kupo4lifePosted 6/7/2013 7:06:34 PM
This concerns me...I don't want people taking my Villagers online..
#12LightningZombiePosted 6/7/2013 7:07:30 PM
Xiocamie posted...
I..don't want to lose my Villagers, though..

simple solution only let people come to your town via dream
---
Feel free to add me on PSN:LightningZombie
#13blh88Posted 6/7/2013 7:33:25 PM
If they're going to leave, they will leave. Who cares if they go to another town? I've had people I like leave the town, it happens. Just use pitfalls and make the ones you don't like go away and eventually you'll get a town of tolerable villagers.
---
so delicious and moist
#14SpideymasterPosted 6/7/2013 7:40:47 PM
Do you guys not understand that nobody is going to "take" your villagers? If they move, it's because YOU either 1) didn't talk to them for a long while, or 2) prodded them to move when they brought the topic up.

Players talking to your villagers don't just cause them to move out of your town and into theirs.
---
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.
#15shottytPosted 6/7/2013 8:17:34 PM
You can't talk a villager into moving to your town unless the villager is already packed up to go, which is the POINT OF NO RETURN in New Leaf. Once they've packed up, the town's player can't do anything to stop them. So it's not stealing at all. It's... "keeping it in the family" so to speak. If you don't want them to move, make sure you keep up with them so they don't.
---
3DS FC- 0189 - 8710 - 4574
#16LeanaunfurledPosted 6/7/2013 8:20:10 PM
this sounds awesome! :o I'm going to the greatest villager thief ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.
#17SW_FFXIfanPosted 6/7/2013 8:23:53 PM
shottyt posted...
You can't talk a villager into moving to your town unless the villager is already packed up to go, which is the POINT OF NO RETURN in New Leaf. Once they've packed up, the town's player can't do anything to stop them. So it's not stealing at all. It's... "keeping it in the family" so to speak. If you don't want them to move, make sure you keep up with them so they don't.

They changed it? In WW you can talk them out of it when theyre packed up.
---
LoL IGN: Wood Tier
#18shottytPosted 6/7/2013 8:39:01 PM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
shottyt posted...

Yes, they changed it.

They'll tell you a few days in advance when they're moving and that's the opportunity to talk them out of it. I can't remember, but I thought it was too late in CF, too, when the boxes were packed...
---
3DS FC- 0189 - 8710 - 4574
#19taiga08Posted 6/7/2013 9:26:31 PM
Player A: If I can't have Kabuki.. NO ONE CAN.
Player B: *enters Kabuki's house*
Player A: No.. NO. NOOOOOOOOOO *PARTY OVER*

Everybody is leaving!
---
It's funny because the robot ain't got no arms.
#20BringerOfPiePosted 6/7/2013 9:40:20 PM
shottyt posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
shottyt posted...

Yes, they changed it.

Damn, really? I don't understand why, I thought Wild World perfected the system. As opposed to the Gamecube version where you had zero notice whatsoever for villagers leaving.

But yeah, villagers leaving from your town to a friend's town has been part of the series since Day 1. And as for villagers remembering you, let me put it this way - Bob is from your town. There are millions of Bobs out there in the millions of copies of Animal Crossing people have. But there's only one Bob from your town. Your Bob will always remember you. But if your Bob leaves and one of the other million Bobs moves in, that new Bob will NOT remember you.

It's a clone system that's actually creepy as hell if you think about it, haha.