This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name and town name change possible?

#1killergp123Posted 6/9/2013 2:33:06 AM
I was hanging out with friends when I started the game and let them pick the names. It ended up being highly offensive so I was wondering if there is a way to change the names without losing the progress? Got some awesome villagers and Majora's Mask from the fortune cookie so I don't want to lose them by creating a new town/character.

If there isn't a way to change them, can you get banned from reports of your name if playing with random people? I know my friends wouldn't report the name so that won't be an issue.
#2typhone004Posted 6/9/2013 2:35:25 AM
I'm not sure how nintendo deals with offensive names that get past their censors. If you do restart, you can always leave the mask at a friends town and come get it later in your new file. You'll lose your current villagers, but you can keep all your items/bells.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#3RussiaOnePosted 6/9/2013 2:38:05 AM
What's the name?
---
The only diff'rence 'tween a winner and a loser is a winner plays until he wins -Big K.R.I.T
#4killergp123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 2:48:13 AM
typhone004 posted...
I'm not sure how nintendo deals with offensive names that get past their censors. If you do restart, you can always leave the mask at a friends town and come get it later in your new file. You'll lose your current villagers, but you can keep all your items/bells.

Thanks for the info, how would I keep the bells? Is there a way to drop those in a friend's game too? I could deal with other villagers if it means keeping all items/bells I have currently and just losing the 10k bells down payment and town progress.

The town name was 3rdReich and the character name was HitlaMan.
#5RussiaOnePosted 6/9/2013 2:50:23 AM
Those names are not offensive. Well, maybe Hitlaman. But not to me.
---
The only diff'rence 'tween a winner and a loser is a winner plays until he wins -Big K.R.I.T
#6BionicLotusPosted 6/9/2013 2:52:48 AM
killergp123 posted...
typhone004 posted...

Thanks for the info, how would I keep the bells? Is there a way to drop those in a friend's game too? I could deal with other villagers if it means keeping all items/bells I have currently and just losing the 10k bells down payment and town progress.

You can just drop the bells and items off at a friend's town and restart and pick them up again.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3342-4877 - Martin
#7killergp123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 2:53:42 AM
RussiaOne posted...
Those names are not offensive. Well, maybe Hitlaman. But not to me.

Personally I don't find them offensive, but I know some will so was trying to prevent it ahead of time. This was my first animal crossing game and wasn't sure if I'd like it so didn't care about the name. Now that I've found I like it and may actually play with people outside of the few friends I have who got it, I figured better safe than sorry.
#8killergp123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 2:54:36 AM
BionicLotus posted...
killergp123 posted...
typhone004 posted...

You can just drop the bells and items off at a friend's town and restart and pick them up again.

Thanks, will do so tomorrow :)
#9Lord of the FliesPosted 6/9/2013 3:02:07 AM
killergp123 posted...
typhone004 posted...

Dude, stop hanging out with Skinheads.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Donmilliken
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8212-1350
#10Toy_BoxPosted 6/9/2013 3:26:04 AM
Lord of the Flies posted...
killergp123 posted...
typhone004 posted...

Dude, stop hanging out with Skinheads.

This. Also since I doubt your friends are literal neonazis I will amend by saying don't hang out with unfunny people.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bq0wTFV.gif