This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of all the damn places to move in...

#1mondo0102Posted 6/15/2013 4:32:58 PM
this Sylvia decides to move in right next to me, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TOWN BRIDGE. -_- That leaves a narrow strip of land above her house to access the bridge!

http://imgur.com/C4E4ohR

I am very displeased and now considering kicking this idiot out. Is Sylvia is a neighbour worth keeping? And if I do manage to kick her out, is there a chance another moron will move to the exact same lot?

I know that we can build another cobblestone bridge as a public works project, but is there also a way to move the one you start with? Thanks in advance.
#2blueman164Posted 6/15/2013 4:34:49 PM
Well, this is Sylvia:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvia

And you can always destroy your original bridge after building a new one if that helps.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2564-9981
#3LuminothWarriorPosted 6/15/2013 4:34:55 PM
I'm not too sure, but Isabelle said you can only have 3 bridges, and that you'll have to tear one down if you do more than 3. I don't see why you couldn't move your starting bridge.
---
Vash@Hyrule: 5199-0348-5905 Wii: 0024-7732-8424-0921 X360: Vash1022 Steam: vashkins1022 3DS: 4639-8956-6531
#4jasam01Posted 6/15/2013 4:35:07 PM
I have read that once you've built the 2nd bridge, you can deconstruct the first,

I've also read that patterns and/or public works stop lots being placed. So if you move her, shove a pattern down there so no-one can dpo it aain.
---
Golden Sun DS ^^
#5KezzieZPosted 6/15/2013 4:37:58 PM
UGH. Sylvia's house in my town is way too close to where I wanted to put my 3rd bridge, so I feel your pain, in a way. I'm trying to kick her out of my town, too.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1275-4775, PM if you'd like me to add back.
#6NS_ArcanePosted 6/15/2013 4:39:36 PM
That's weird, considering the fact that Isabelle doesn't let you build bridges within that "close" range of a resident's house. That I know of, you'd need to demolish an existing bridge and build it again elsewhere. I'm sure that there's no "move" option.

That's one issue that I have with this game. You can hardly get attached to any ideal location because you never know if/when somebody will take it when they move in.
#7PS2GamerPosted 6/15/2013 4:41:44 PM
My first 2 new neighbors moved in directly next mo me boxing me in.....
---
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
#8ArreiPosted 6/15/2013 4:41:48 PM
Apparently you can check for problematic move-ins by making your first log-in of the day a brand new character. If someone's moved in somewhere bad, you reset and the game will choose somewhere else. If they pick a good spot, you save the character, and maybe delete them later if you don't want them hanging around.

I haven't tried if this actually works yet, mind. No one moved in today since the Bug-Off's going on.
#9Luigi4PresidentPosted 6/15/2013 4:50:45 PM
Same thing happened to me! Stupid hamster Rodney moved in right on top of my house, my bridge, and my orchard garden! Argh! After I make him miserable and leave town, I'm going to put a public works project there so nobody can move there. Probably just a bench, or a lamp. Or a fountain.
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#10JohnNilesPosted 6/15/2013 4:52:54 PM
Arrei posted...
Apparently you can check for problematic move-ins by making your first log-in of the day a brand new character. If someone's moved in somewhere bad, you reset and the game will choose somewhere else. If they pick a good spot, you save the character, and maybe delete them later if you don't want them hanging around.

I haven't tried if this actually works yet, mind. No one moved in today since the Bug-Off's going on.

When they say "first login of the day", do they mean first login after midnight, or first login when it's daylight?