This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just dont understand what the camp site does...

#1Dark MousyPosted 6/16/2013 4:05:30 PM
I just feel dumb about it. All I know is *someone* will stay there. No idea what the villager is, if its yours or someone else's or a random.

And that most people apparently regret building it cause it cant be moved or destroyed?

Anyone who can dumb it down for me, I'd really appreciate it *blush*
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#2ZombiMarionettePosted 6/16/2013 4:07:08 PM
Random NPCs will visit.
No one from your town.

If they visit a second time you can convince them to move in if you want.
---
Zombie-Girl-Mari --- Add me on psn for some Monster hunting (p.3rd) fun!
#3ArreiPosted 6/16/2013 4:08:36 PM
A random animal, any animal, that you don't already have will occasionally come by to camp. In the summer it's a tent and in the winter it's an igloo. They'll play games with you for camp and igloo-themed items, and also occasionally give you the chance to ask them to move in. If you can beat them at a quiz or chance game, they'll become a resident.
#4TimidTaguelPosted 6/16/2013 4:09:11 PM
A random villager will move in on a random day, and you can convince them to move into your town if you talk to them enough. Based on my own experience and what I've read from others, they will decline the first time you ask them, but will agree to move in the second time you ask if you can beat them in a game.

Maple just camped in my town this morning, and I was able to get her to move in. She was not in any of my friends' towns, but I've heard that it's also possible to convince a moving neighbor from another town to camp at yours. Not very sure on that, but hopefully what I do know helps.

The fact that you can't demolish it is really dumb, though. I didn't think it through very thoroughly and built mine a tad too close to a bridge for my liking, but oh well. You would think a campsite would be more easily removed than a freaking bridge, but at least I can still move the bridge if it ends up bothering me enough.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3651-6341
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#5chillvPosted 6/16/2013 4:12:15 PM
TimidTaguel posted...
A random villager will move in on a random day, and you can convince them to move into your town if you talk to them enough. Based on my own experience and what I've read from others, they will decline the first time you ask them, but will agree to move in the second time you ask if you can beat them in a game.

Maple just camped in my town this morning, and I was able to get her to move in. She was not in any of my friends' towns, but I've heard that it's also possible to convince a moving neighbor from another town to camp at yours. Not very sure on that, but hopefully what I do know helps.

The fact that you can't demolish it is really dumb, though. I didn't think it through very thoroughly and built mine a tad too close to a bridge for my liking, but oh well. You would think a campsite would be more easily removed than a freaking bridge, but at least I can still move the bridge if it ends up bothering me enough.

Have you ever tried to demolish it when a villager is not camping in it? Is there ever a time when a villager is not camping in it?
#6LT8Posted 6/16/2013 4:12:43 PM
Ooh, that sounds cool, I'm definitely going to build one now!
---
White - Name: LT8, Code: 0519-3744-1906
AC:NF - Name Artemis, Town: Olympus, 3DS FC Code: 1891-2307-9717
#7TimidTaguelPosted 6/16/2013 4:13:40 PM
chillv posted...
TimidTaguel posted...

Have you ever tried to demolish it when a villager is not camping in it? Is there ever a time when a villager is not camping in it?

Yes. It can't be removed even if there's no one using it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3651-6341
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#8Dark Mousy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 4:19:32 PM
Thanks for all the awesome responces! I was convinced someone would be mean about it lol.

Looks like I will definitly wait on it until I know exactly how I want my town set up. :D

It's not *required* for anything is it, like a shop upgrade or something?
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719