This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want Best Buy items without going to Best Buy. GOOD NEWS.

#11asakurawhytePosted 6/18/2013 12:14:43 AM
I turned my MacBook Pro into a Wi-Fi spot and can't seem to access best buy stuff.
Also, I am currently living in China.
---
Free 3DS and iPhone 4: www.freeiphone4.webnode.com
PKMN SoulSilver: 1205 2024 7782
#12SS_RagnarokPosted 6/18/2013 12:26:57 AM
I can confirm this works. I live in Australia and I just got me a racoon clock.

Thanks heaps for this tip!
---
Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they're on drugs.
#13asakurawhytePosted 6/18/2013 12:31:19 AM
Mac Users!
Do not set a password for the Wi-Fi!
I just received my clock!
HappYness!
---
Free 3DS and iPhone 4: www.freeiphone4.webnode.com
PKMN SoulSilver: 1205 2024 7782
#14abbeldydooPosted 6/18/2013 12:37:00 AM
Is it even worth doing?is there pics of the items?
---
3DS Name - Dookie Animal Crossing New Leaf town name - Stankton
3DS FC - 0103-9648-8189
#15xLexLuth0rxPosted 6/18/2013 12:48:19 AM
Not working here. Got a standard wifi hotspot setup using Bestbuy as the SSID, no password and Nintendo Zone will not see it. Not sure what else to try...
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
ACNL FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil
#16PizzusPosted 6/18/2013 12:54:56 AM
Doesn't work for me either. The Nintendo Zone symbol lights up, but it fails to connect. And when I go to the post office to collect it, all I get is the same error message.
---
Consider this signature an outdated and groan-inducing meme.
#17xLexLuth0rxPosted 6/18/2013 1:03:59 AM(edited)
Ok I got it working. Here's what I did.

1) Created the SSID with Bestbuy in the name, set to no password. (make sure it's Broadcasting the SSID too and not hidden)
2) Went into my 3DS and had it search for it, and then assign it.
3) Went into Nintendo Zone and it failed to connect but it did light up Blue so it recognized it.. partially
4) Went in game to the post office and it was there to pickup.

The difference is the first time I manually created the access point with the info, instead of having the 3DS see it and then assign it. Not sure why it didn't work but now it does.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
ACNL FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil
#18MaltirielPosted 6/18/2013 7:42:15 PM
This also worked for me. Sweet, especially since my Best Buy doesn't have a NintendoZone, and they weren't sure if the other Best Buys an hourish away would have it, either.

The first time I tried it didn't work, but that was because I still had the connection info for the wifi network I usually use saved. My router can broadcast two different networks at the same time with different SSIDs and security settings (so you can have a more restricted network just for guests) but the same could apply to people who don't want to mess with their router and are using their phone as a hotspot while still at home, or similar scenarios. Basically it was connecting to my normal connection first and ignoring the "Bestbuy" network, since there were two.
---
Wer mit Ungeheuern kampft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
#19QaxPosted 6/18/2013 7:53:08 PM
Im not at home. But I would guess that the items are already in game.

Which would mean that if the dates in the 3DS and in game are changed, one can get the other best buy items. I think its the cat tower, the double guitar, and something else.
---
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
#20SquirrelettePosted 6/18/2013 8:45:16 PM
For those that can't get this to work for whatever reason, the clock ***is*** orderable. Get a friend to order it for you or check the houses in your HH plaza and order it yourself from there.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~