This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

doubt about crazy redd and changing date

#1AlphaDiamondPosted 6/20/2013 6:52:01 AM
i've read a topic about the "changing date" effects, like grass appearing and other things, but i have one more doubt. sometimes i use the "changing date" trick to get more game coins for the Streetpass games and those things, and i used that trick yesterday (with the game preinstalled). but the thing is, i got the console+game bundle last week (as i'm from Europe) and i think it was last Thursday when Crazy Redd came to my town (and sold me a fake item, T-T). so i was expecting him to visit my town again today, but he hasn't appeared yet. yesterday, it was the future-teller cat who appeared in the square. i was looking for info, and i've read that he appears randomly.
also, the blue alpaca who works at the recycle store hasn't awakened yet (he's been sleeping for 1 week, geez)

so, my question is: does Crazy Redd come to the town randomly? or does he always come in Thursday, and because of the "changing date" trick, he didn't appear today? and could it also be related to the blue alpaca thing?

this is because i want to keep using the game coins' collecting trick, but i don't want to "ruin" my game. i mean, if it only makes some grass to appear and less important things, then i don't really care, but if it is related to more important, then i should stop doing that
#2WormeckPosted 6/20/2013 6:54:47 AM
All the visitors are random.
---
PSN name: Wormeck
#3CuriCurryPosted 6/20/2013 6:55:05 AM
It's random and he has nothing to do with Cyrus, the blue alapaca. In fact, you should be getting a random special visitor once a week.
---
NA 3DS FC: 0361-6567-5010 {Lotus of Echo Edo}
JPN 3DS FC: 4785-5041-4177
#4AlphaDiamond(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:00:38 AM
CuriCurry posted...
It's random and he has nothing to do with Cyrus, the blue alapaca. In fact, you should be getting a random special visitor once a week.

then, this means that this week i won't see Crazy Redd, as i got the visit of the future-teller, right?
and what i meant with Cyrus is that if the "changing date" trick affects the day he finally awakes. i read that he awakens after you have played for 7 days, but i don't know if, by that trick, the "countdown" (some way of calling it) resets.
#5CuriCurryPosted 6/20/2013 7:07:34 AM
AlphaDiamond posted...
CuriCurry posted...

then, this means that this week i won't see Crazy Redd, as i got the visit of the future-teller, right?
and what i meant with Cyrus is that if the "changing date" trick affects the day he finally awakes. i read that he awakens after you have played for 7 days, but i don't know if, by that trick, the "countdown" (some way of calling it) resets.

Yep. If you have Katrina, you probably won't have Redd. And I'm not sure about the Cyrus thing. He just woke up for me two days ago and I haven't adjusted my clock. Sorry :(
---
NA 3DS FC: 0361-6567-5010 {Lotus of Echo Edo}
JPN 3DS FC: 4785-5041-4177
#6WormeckPosted 6/20/2013 7:09:48 AM
You can have multiple visitors in a single week. You won't ever have the same one multiple times in one week though.

Last week I had Sahara, Red and Katrina all show up in town.
---
PSN name: Wormeck
#7RannaDesPosted 6/20/2013 7:11:41 AM
CuriCurry posted...
AlphaDiamond posted...
CuriCurry posted...

Yep. If you have Katrina, you probably won't have Redd. And I'm not sure about the Cyrus thing. He just woke up for me two days ago and I haven't adjusted my clock. Sorry :(

For me, Cyrus woke up on sunday, directly one week after I started the game.. I think he wakes up after you have reached a certain point or done something that is required to have him be available :/ on what, Idk.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0705- 2059- 1664
If you add me, make sure you tell me so I can add back! ^.^
#8pii_chanPosted 6/20/2013 7:17:12 AM
Sell Reese 100,000 bells worth of stuff which is easily done with your 1st beetle hunt and have atleast 100 furniture and 50 clothing.

I actually had Redd visit me 2x so I guess I'll be getting the museum shop soon :)

Btw, Thonky has a list of telling if the art is fake or not. helps tons!

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art/
---
3DS FC: piichan - 4296 3111 2318
#9AlphaDiamond(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:18:05 AM
RannaDes posted...
CuriCurry posted...
AlphaDiamond posted...
CuriCurry posted...

For me, Cyrus woke up on sunday, directly one week after I started the game.. I think he wakes up after you have reached a certain point or done something that is required to have him be available :/ on what, Idk.

it's as you said. i just looked at it, and it seems that you need to play the game over 7 days, sell 100000 bells worth of items to reese, owned 100 furniture pieces and have 50 clothing items in the catalog. of course, as i'm not a clothe-buying person, i think it's obvious he didn't awake yet.