This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HHA Points Question w/ Furniture Sets

#1Face_LostPosted 6/21/2013 5:11:08 PM(edited)
So furniture sets give you a huge bonus, and I believe the set has to be in the whole room, but many furniture sets have beds, meaning if you want to complete more than one room, you need multiple bedrooms...right?

Life Necessities
There are certain types of furniture that are considered to be required for the basic necessities of life. These types of furniture are: chair, drawers, dresser, table, and bed. You get bonus points for having all five of these in a single room, with an additional bonus if they're all from the same set.

Does this mean I get the most points if I put a bed in every single room....?
What if I complete furniture sets for other rooms but leave out the bed?

I know HHA doesn't even really matter but I want to design my home the way I want it and still get as many points as I can, and I only want one bedroom...Maybe a guest bedroom as well. It kind of bugs me if they actually expect people maxing out points to turn every room they have into a bed room.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918
#2LiquefyPosted 6/21/2013 5:14:16 PM
To clarify, there are NO furniture Sets that have beds. Beds are part of furniture Series and Themes.

No, you don't need mutliple bedrooms.

Your quote about "Life Necessities" is wrong. The Basic Necessities do not have to be in the same room.

No, you don't have to put a bed in every single room.

Again, NO complete furniture Sets have beds.
#3Face_Lost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:15:29 PM
Liquefy posted...
To clarify, there are NO furniture Sets that have beds. Beds are part of furniture Series and Themes.

No, you don't need mutliple bedrooms.

Your quote about "Life Necessities" is wrong. The Basic Necessities do not have to be in the same room.

No, you don't have to put a bed in every single room.

Again, NO complete furniture Sets have beds.

What's the difference between furniture sets themes and series...
---
#4LiquefyPosted 6/21/2013 5:26:19 PM
Face_Lost posted...

A Series consists of eleven furniture items sharing a common design motif and resembling "real-life" furniture (e.g., chair, table, bed, TV, lamp, etc.). It has matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Series scores Complete Series bonus HHA points.

A Theme consists of a group of furniture sharing a common theme and, usually, not resembling "real-life" furniture (e.g., Space Shuttle, Moon, Rocket, etc.). It has matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Theme, apparently, scores no HHA bonus points (soon to be tested).

A Set consists of a, usually, small number of furniture sharing a common motif or theme that may or may not resemble "real-life" furniture (e.g., Watermelon Chair, Triforce, Science Table, etc.) . It does not have matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Set scores Complete Set bounus HHA points.

Consult my Item FAQ for the lists of Series, Theme, and Sets.
#5Face_Lost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:33:15 PM
Liquefy posted...
Face_Lost posted...

A Series consists of eleven furniture items sharing a common design motif and resembling "real-life" furniture (e.g., chair, table, bed, TV, lamp, etc.). It has matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Series scores Complete Series bonus HHA points.

A Theme consists of a group of furniture sharing a common theme and, usually, not resembling "real-life" furniture (e.g., Space Shuttle, Moon, Rocket, etc.). It has matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Theme, apparently, scores no HHA bonus points (soon to be tested).

A Set consists of a, usually, small number of furniture sharing a common motif or theme that may or may not resemble "real-life" furniture (e.g., Watermelon Chair, Triforce, Science Table, etc.) . It does not have matching wallpaper and carpeting. A complete Set scores Complete Set bounus HHA points.

Consult my Item FAQ for the lists of Series, Theme, and Sets.

So if you want more than one series in your house to be complete, and therefore get the points for it, you need more than one bedroom (granted that the series you choose have a bed, assuming all of them do)?
---
#6LiquefyPosted 6/21/2013 5:44:20 PM
Face_Lost posted...
So if you want more than one series in your house to be complete, and therefore get the points for it, you need more than one bedroom (granted that the series you choose have a bed, assuming all of them do)?

Yes, each complete Series must be in a different room in order to get the Complete Series bonus HHA points.
#7Face_Lost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:45:55 PM
Liquefy posted...
Face_Lost posted...

Yes, each complete Series must be in a different room in order to get the Complete Series bonus HHA points.

That's kind of lame...So you can basically only use one series per house unless you want multiple bedrooms and still want the big HHA points.
---