This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to know if you have high enough friendship with an animal...

#1mnkboy907Posted 6/23/2013 1:45:52 PM
...so that they mail you their picture when they move out?

Like, is there a certain line of dialogue each personality type will say when you're at max friendship or something? I don't want to miss out on getting any animal's picture, but one of the ways to get one is when they move out. So I'm wondering if I just need to keep everyone in my town until they personally give me their picture, or if there's some way to know that they like me enough to send it to me when they move.
---
3DS FC: 2106-0024-4080
David from Foghaven
#2mnkboy907(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:09:26 AM
Anyone?
---
David from Foghaven
#3Reiver_NeriahzPosted 6/26/2013 11:27:33 AM
Wait, they HAVE to move out to mail you the picture?!?
---
GT: Reiver Neriah l 3DS FC: 0173 - 1304 - 7581
Maliwan <3
#4mnkboy907(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:57:11 AM
No, it's just one of the ways you can get it. But currently I don't feel comfortable relying on that method, which is why I'm asking if there's any way to know for sure you'll get one when they move.
---
David from Foghaven
#5mnkboy907(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 12:10:39 PM
I don't know if this actually means anything, but my animals have said some things to imply what they think of our relationships. For example, Monique (snooty) now occasionally gives me things and says it's my reward for being her friend and always putting up with her. That's a new development that I've never seen her say before yesterday, so it makes me think I might be at max friendship with her now.

Similarly, Barold (lazy) now gives me things and tells me it's because of all the nice things I've done for him. That's also a new line of dialogue I don't think I'd seen before yesterday and makes me think I might be at max friendship with him too.

And on the other hand, Julian (smug) gave me something yesterday, saying that it's because we're "sorta on the way to becoming friends", which clearly stands out to me as meaning I'm not maxed with him yet.

I haven't noticed anything to stand out one way or the other from any of the five other personality types yet. I'm curious to see if Julian will eventually say anything else to indicate our friendship has grown. It also might be key to note that Naomi, another snooty villager who I'm not as close to yet, hasn't said anything like what Monique said.

I feel like I would most likely get Monique's or Barold's picture if they moved away now, but I still don't feel comfortable risking it (plus I don't want them to move out anyway >_>).

I guess I'm asking if anyone has gotten a picture from a snooty or lazy villager who's moved away after saying those specific lines of dialogue. Could be helpful in determining if there's any way to know for sure you'll get a picture upon an animal moving away.
---
David from Foghaven
#6mnkboy907(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:00:56 PM
Bump for more information.
---
David from Foghaven
#7Miracle_PaintPosted 6/28/2013 9:26:24 PM(edited)
From a Japanese wiki:

What affects friendship:
+ Talk to the villager every day.
+ Send a letter every day.
+ Complete errands for them when asked.
- Don't talk to a villager for a day.
- Fail an errand for a villager. (It's better to say no than to accept and ignore).
-----------------------------
Signs of high friendship:

1. The villager will ask to come over to your house (impromptu).

2. Villager will give you a photo as a gift in response to certain events. (not sure if this is directly related, but it mentions giving medicine when they're sick, collecting signatures?, giving perfect fruit, custom furniture, rare fish such as Coelacanth). There have been reports of receiving more than one photograph from the same villager.

3. When you are very good friends with a villager, they have a high chance to give you a photograph when they move away, but apparently it is not guaranteed.
-----------------------------
How to test friendship:

1. If a villager is sitting on a bench that seats two people, go sit beside them. If you don't look at each other, you're at the default level. If you look at each other, you have decent friendship. If you have high friendship, you'll both have a pleasant look after looking at each other.

2. Use the microphone to call out a villager that is just barely visible on the screen. Default/decent levels should have them looking around. If you have high friendship, they'll turn toward you and wave. **warning - using the microphone too close to them can upset them and lower friendship**
---
3DS: 4742 - 5341 - 4491
New Leaf town name: Seaside
#8Miracle_PaintPosted 6/28/2013 9:25:03 PM
So I guess to directly answer your question, I'm not aware of any particular line. But you can get pictures without them moving out given a high enough friendship and waiting for certain events, so that would be your safest bet I think.
---
3DS: 4742 - 5341 - 4491
New Leaf town name: Seaside
#9mnkboy907(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:38:34 PM
Yeah, I'm currently refusing to let anyone move out until I have their picture, even animals I don't particularly care for. That's why I wanted to know if there was some way to be sure, so I could let my least favorite animals go after I reach that point with them.

Thanks for what you posted.
---
David from Foghaven