This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to upgrade Museum and Nook store?

#1MiAmIgUy929Posted 6/24/2013 9:57:30 AM
I read online that you need to donate 20 fish, at least 1 bug, 1 painting and 1 fossil to upgrade the Museum, but I haven't had the option to upgrade it yet. It's been a week since I've donated all of those.

And with the Nook store, when can I expect an upgrade? My home loan is currently at the one that you owe 198,000 bells.

Thank you!
#2Kinneth123Posted 6/24/2013 9:59:21 AM
You need to have at least one item in each exhibit, and 20 dontations total. You also need to have spoken with Blathers at least once for 14 total (not in a row) days.

The Nookling store upgrades after you spend 12K bells and a week has passed since you started.
---
Name: Sean
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#3MiAmIgUy929(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 10:00:49 AM
Thank you.

When you say spend 12K, you mean to spend that on stuff in the Nook store I'm assuming, right?
#4wingblade98Posted 6/24/2013 10:01:26 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
You need to have at least one item in each exhibit, and 20 dontations total. You also need to have spoken with Blathers at least once for 14 total (not in a row) days.

The Nookling store upgrades after you spend 12K bells and a week has passed since you started.

nookling store is 10 days actually
---
NOW IS A TIME FOR CELEBRATION!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKtYCcMWT4
#5AMP1317Posted 6/24/2013 10:01:45 AM
Here's this:

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/shop-unlock-guide/

As for the museum, I just got it to unlock yesterday. You need to have 1 of each item donated but a total of 25 all together. Afterwards, you'll just need to talk to Blathers everyday. One day you'll come in and see him with a thought bubble over his head. That's when it'll unlock in public works.

As for the Nook's store, it all depends on how much money you spend there. Your house loan isn't tied to it anymore since Tom Nook has his own business now.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."
#6eellliiootttPosted 6/24/2013 10:01:46 AM
Do you mean Nookling's Store or Nook Homes?
---
Masked Man is the best video game character ever and he is a shoe in for Super Smash Bros 4. - englishhedgehog
#7HyperShadow4321Posted 6/24/2013 10:02:42 AM
Kinneth123 posted...

This. Nook's remodeling is either a week or seven days. I've heard that it has to be a week since you got your public works permit as well. Personally, I just hit something like day 10 and they're just now upgrading even though I know I've easily spent 12K+ there.

The museum one, although I haven't gotten yet, appears to be pretty simple. If you play everyday - you'll be talking to Blathers everyday since you have to take your fossils to him to check. I've also heard that you must talk to him at night when he's awake in order for him to suggest the Museum upgrade.
#8rush86Posted 6/24/2013 10:03:16 AM
eellliioottt posted...
Do you mean Nookling's Store or Nook Homes?

dude he clearly sad nooklings store. ANd i know mine upgraded after i bought alot of stuff. But it could of just been ten days i wasnt keeping track of that
#9MiAmIgUy929(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 10:03:31 AM
AMP1317 posted...
Here's this:

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/shop-unlock-guide/

As for the museum, I just got it to unlock yesterday. You need to have 1 of each item donated but a total of 25 all together. Afterwards, you'll just need to talk to Blathers everyday. One day you'll come in and see him with a thought bubble over his head. That's when it'll unlock in public works.

As for the Nook's store, it all depends on how much money you spend there. Your house loan isn't tied to it anymore since Tom Nook has his own business now.

Ahh okay, thank you. I'm used to the store upgrades being done depending on you're house upgrades.

And I was talking about the Nookling store, whoever asked.
#10AMP1317Posted 6/24/2013 10:05:15 AM
HyperShadow4321 posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

The museum one, although I haven't gotten yet, appears to be pretty simple. If you play everyday - you'll be talking to Blathers everyday since you have to take your fossils to him to check. I've also heard that you must talk to him at night when he's awake in order for him to suggest the Museum upgrade.

I actually activated it during the day. I heard it had to be nighttime too, but I was still able to unlock the public works during his normal sleeping hours.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."