This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Club Tortimer - good grief!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Club Tortimer - good grief!
3 years ago#1
You see the worst in people at the Club Tortimer island. I've seen several tricks.

Getting beaten with nets when I go outside.

Somebody stands at the counter so you can't leave.

Somebody hangs around an island store that has a rare item, and when you come in and buy it they start a tour but never sit down in the boarding area - they go outside instead. The only way you can leave is to turn off wifi and lose your rare item.

Tonight was sad. A boy asked me to play a tour with him and that it was his first time. I didn't feel like it, but said I would anyway. He asked me to choose one and then sat in the boarding area. So I did, and as soon as I sat down too, he jumped up from his seat and said "see ya sucker". No matter, the tour was fun and I got some medals. Of course he was gone when I got done.

I pretty much don't trust anyone on the Club Tortimer islands now. But I don't even get mad now - it's kinda funny in a sad way. I feel sorry that they can only have fun like that. Oh well ...

Anybody else have this type of experience?
3 years ago#2
What weirdos/losers O.o
White - Name: LT8, Code: 0519-3744-1906
AC:NF - Name Artemis, Town: Olympus, 3DS FC Code: 1891-2307-9717
3 years ago#3
Sounds like a ton of people on a mmo i play. OP everyting making DC bug shops to steal cards....trust me i have no intention of doing that club thing. I have great freinds so no need to get trolled by some foreigner.
God is there in the midst of chaos. When life is upside down remember that you're in the hands of the Creator.
Proud member of Team Elesa
3 years ago#4
I had someone do that a few times.
3DS FC: 5155-2954-7385
AC:NL Dream Address: 5400-2145-8002
3 years ago#5
Started doing Club Tortimer more frequently yesterday. Still haven't had any problems with anyone. The only thing that bothers me is people beetle hunting online. I really don't see any logical reason to do that, but, what to do?
3DS FC: 3823-9696-5583 - psamora
3 years ago#6
Haven't run into anything like that, but every time I've gone, nobody has wanted to do anything besides hunt for beetles or fish. I have had a few good conversations, though.
i thought they were nameless orphans who climbed ice hoping to find a new guardian. - Zembaphobia on the Ice Climbers.
3 years ago#7
Leaf2049 posted...
Sounds like a ton of people on a mmo i play. OP everyting making DC bug shops to steal cards....trust me i have no intention of doing that club thing. I have great freinds so no need to get trolled by some foreigner.

I know, right? It seems that any game that has an MMO component is messed up by these idiots who have no friends in real life.
3 years ago#8
The worst I've come across is someone telling me to go home as soon as I joined. I don't understand why someone would block the exit.
3DS: 4742 - 5341 - 4491
3 years ago#9
Leaf2049 posted...

Why do I have a feeling you are talking about DMO?

Anyway, I am not going to club Tortimer unless I am desperately low on medals since I had a little too much fun playing easy Hide-N'-Seek and the Whack an Acorn tour the day I got to the island and had about 500-ish medals in the end
Platypi will rule the world
Currently playing: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves
3 years ago#10
I'm confused, what did that last guy even hope to gain from tricking you?
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Club Tortimer - good grief!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived