This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about Feng Shui

#1Lord LizardPosted 6/27/2013 8:18:10 AM
I was looking around this Feng Shui business and I get the idea, but I still don't get how it works exactly.

I understand that you need to put red items near the east wall, yellow items near the west wall and green items near the south wall. I've also seen the pattern here:

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/feng-shui-guide/

However, I still don't get the mechanics.

Do you need a minimum amount of items for the effects to kick in? Or does every item give you a small luck boost in their respective effect?
Also, does every room in your home need to be arranged this way? So, if my main room is arranged following the instructions but my upper floor is not, would I get the luck boost?
If it doesn't work that way and it's about each item giving you a small boost, do all the rooms count?

Thanks in advance.
---
I need a signature...
#2sabeta_samaPosted 6/27/2013 8:25:23 AM
Only the main room counts.

Each item is worth a certain amount of Feng Shui "points" most items are worth a single point, but certain lucky items are worth quite a bit more, I'm not sure which those are though. Additionaly, some items are worth MORE than just one point, because both their primary and secondary colors match up with Feng Shui. Some spots will count as more than one color as well, for example the lower left corner of your house can take Yellow/Green items, and placing a Yellow/Green object there will net you points for both colors.

Having more objects increases your luck in the respective fields. Place a common bed on the right wall gives me a very small boost, adding that red lantern gives it another small boost. there's a guide somehwere (ACWiki I believe) that goes into detail the maximum points you can get.

Feng Shui also gives you bonuses with the HHA as well.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#3improvisionistPosted 6/27/2013 8:29:23 AM
sabeta_sama posted...

Each item is worth a certain amount of Feng Shui "points" most items are worth a single point, but certain lucky items are worth quite a bit more, I'm not sure which those are though. Additionaly, some items are worth MORE than just one point, because both their primary and secondary colors match up with Feng Shui. Some spots will count as more than one color as well, for example the lower left corner of your house can take Yellow/Green items, and placing a Yellow/Green object there will net you points for both colors.

Having more objects increases your luck in the respective fields. Place a common bed on the right wall gives me a very small boost, adding that red lantern gives it another small boost. there's a guide somehwere (ACWiki I believe) that goes into detail the maximum points you can get.

What's your source? lots of people and guides also say that every room except the basement counts for Feng Shui
---
3DS FC: 1032-2273-3047 (Saren in Palaven)
#4flametakuyaPosted 6/27/2013 8:47:52 AM
improvisionist posted...
sabeta_sama posted...

What's your source? lots of people and guides also say that every room except the basement counts for Feng Shui

i've heard that that "everything counts except basement" rule is for the HHA points, feng shui counts for every room. but that's only what i've heard, of course.
---
3DS FC: 0361-6591-7301 (JW) (ACNL - Ixac from Inazuma)
#5TakiatchiPosted 6/27/2013 8:59:44 AM
Pretty sure it counts for every room (dont know about basement), haven't changed anything in my front room for ages, but my score goes up the next day when I put stuff in my other rooms
---
Sony/MS: Malfious
Nintendo: 3737 - 9517 - 2690