This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can a human move from one town to another?

#1SpacePirateKhanPosted 7/2/2013 11:51:01 AM(edited)
My sister in law has no 3Ds yet, but she likes animal crossing, so I was wondering if she could create a character in my or my wife's town and move to her own town some day when she does have a 3ds.

And if this is possible, would she be able to become mayor with that villager in the new town, or will it forever be just a villager? (Would still be handy for getting a head start money and item wise )

Edit: sorry in advance for any dumb questions I may ask this week, it's a torturous eight days estimate before amazons package arrives with our games, so I can't test anything myself yet but am hungry for info, D:
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan
#2LirishaePosted 7/2/2013 11:52:56 AM
Yes, that would work. Any non-mayor can move out to become mayor of their own town in another copy of the game.
---
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
3DS FC: 0619-3174-3155
#3SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 11:55:12 AM
Thanks much!
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan
#4ThatSageGuyPosted 7/2/2013 12:08:11 PM
No, I don't believe her character that moves out can become mayor. The town doesn't even exist before your create the mayor character, so her previous character won't be the mayor. But she could still keep any items or money she has gathered.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
FC: 5043-1666-5680 ACNL Town: Etria.