This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the point of Museum exhibits?

#1GeneralCortezPosted 7/4/2013 9:36:00 PM(edited)
Just wondering that. I was thinking of maybe making a Japanese item exhibit and all, but then I realized, ive never read of it having a point

IMPORTANT EDIT: I mean the second floor exhibits that YOU make. Not the fossils/fish/bugs on the first floor
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2KittenLinaPosted 7/4/2013 9:24:09 PM
More storage, that's all.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3notespeller2Posted 7/4/2013 9:24:14 PM
I actually use one of mine as storage and throw junk in there lol.
---
3ds Friend Code: 3196-3462-4238
AC:NL Town name: Raynth | game name: emily
#4TispersPosted 7/4/2013 9:27:37 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure having furniture to display has always just been to show them off, especially is the case with the second floor exhibits.
---
The Monster Hunter
3DS FC: 3909-7514-1869
#5WutengPosted 7/4/2013 9:31:43 PM
thereno point in playing game infact,

go hunt your meat and plant some crops
---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#6GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 9:34:17 PM
Oh damn, I should have completely clarified. I mean the second story exhibits, not the first story
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#7JolteonPosted 7/4/2013 9:37:19 PM
We all got what you meant, no worries.

It's just another set of full-size rooms to decorate. You can go for themes, if you want to, and show them off to visitors in your town, but there's no explicit in-game reward for making an exhibit. They're more for personal satisfaction.

Like, just for example, I'm slowly working on getting miniature models of all of my already-completed fossils, and plan to make an exhibit themed around them, eventually. Right now all I'm really doing with them is using Exhibit 1 as a gyroid dumping ground, although in and of itself that's actually grown to be pretty entertaining. The room is just packed with those freaky little guys.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#8GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 9:42:08 PM
Yeah, I might try that. I was also thinking of a Japanese item themed room,.

Does this game still have the models of houses like the original GameCube game?
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#9GundamX99Posted 7/4/2013 9:49:28 PM
I'm using two exhibit rooms, one for the Balloon series and the other for all my Fortune Cookie items. The Balloon series just because it's ugly but I still feel an urge to collect all the pieces without wasting storage/wasting room in my house and while I like some of the Fortune Cookie items I don't want to dedicate a room in my house for them.
---
3DS FC: 0602-6560-6380
#10GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 9:58:51 PM
Thats a neat idea! I just sell off the Balloon items, but it'd be nice to put the Nintendo items that are too big somewhere. Make a nice themed exhibit for them

Damn game needs to give somekinda reward for it though :( Or points. Maybe Blathers could have the Happy Museum Academy?

100 times less creepy than the HHA
---
[Papal Crusaders]