This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I get specific furniture from a villager's house?

#1Green_KirbyPosted 7/5/2013 7:01:58 PM
There's a few villagers in my town that have furniture I love to have, and I've heard there's a method to get them to give you their furniture. There have been a few instances where I've received some of it by giving them an item they request, but 90% of the time it's just junk or stuff I didn't want, or nothing from their home. I've been mostly looking for stuff to complete furniture series, and would like to try and get it through this method first before I try the trade board.

I've also had slots open at Re-Tail but no one has ever put anything up. I kind of miss those Flea Market Saturdays, I got a lot of specific furniture through those. This game is a lot trickier than the older ones though, and I haven't had a camper in who knows how long...
---
http://gekkoukitsune.deviantart.com/ Fan Art & More
PSN: UraharaShoten
#2xAzNFoRcExPosted 7/5/2013 7:07:04 PM
Sometimes a Villager requests you to visit them. After talking to them enough during your visit, they will let you buy one of their furniture. (The closer you are the the Villager, the more likely they will be willing to part with the rarer furniture).

Basically, just keep talking to Villagers every day and hope they ask you to visit them.
---
3DS FC: 0430 8279 3215
AC:NL - Saito from The Void
#3Valentino16Posted 7/5/2013 7:08:06 PM
only way I know of is to be invited to their house and then you can get them to ask "oh did you have your eye on something?"
---
GT: Sky Witness
You will not come between Sky Witness and his second skin.
#4Newts_UtePosted 7/5/2013 7:17:28 PM(edited)
xAzNFoRcEx posted...
Sometimes a Villager requests you to visit them. After talking to them enough during your visit, they will let you buy one of their furniture. (The closer you are the the Villager, the more likely they will be willing to part with the rarer furniture).

Basically, just keep talking to Villagers every day and hope they ask you to visit them.

This. Though I'm unsure about the friendship thing. I had it happen to me the day after I got the game, where friendships hadn't even started to grow, and I've not had it happen since. I think its just random

Edit: Oh I didn't read properly, to part with rarer stuff... that probably makes sense then
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
Poke FC 1292 7071 6106