This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do complete Series/Sets not matter in the VIP HHA Theme Special Challenge?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Do complete Series/Sets not matter in the VIP HHA Theme Special Challenge?

User Info: Enfusionist

Enfusionist
3 years ago#1
Is it solely based on whether each separate item is part of the Overall Theme? Specifically, are there bonus points in the Special Challenge for a complete Series/Set in the same room?

I can't find mention of this anywhere in the online FAQs/Guides.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9406-0248
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Address: 4600-2157-4012

User Info: Enfusionist

Enfusionist
3 years ago#2
I guess I'm one of the only few who's unlocked the Special HHA Theme challenge excluding Japanese players...
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9406-0248
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Address: 4600-2157-4012

User Info: SilvaAmphytrite

SilvaAmphytrite
3 years ago#3
I'd like to know the answer to this too. Keep in mind, it takes 7.5 million bells to complete the house. I only got there recently by buying and selling turnips to supplement my bug-hunting income. It may take people awhile earn that kind of money.
3DS FC: 1950-7786-7860
Town: Lanea Name: Jennifer

User Info: Ansem_the_evil

Ansem_the_evil
3 years ago#4
I have 2 more house payments then I done and I havent even touched turnips, since Im not usually awake before 12 at sundays, most of my money comes from beetle farming
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950

User Info: Ultima_Wraith

Ultima_Wraith
3 years ago#5
Ansem_the_evil posted...
I have 2 more house payments then I done and I havent even touched turnips, since Im not usually awake before 12 at sundays, most of my money comes from beetle farming

I tried beetle farming, but no matter how many I planted they refuse to grow :(
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith

User Info: Liquefy

Liquefy
3 years ago#6
No, there are no Complete Series or Complete Set Bonus points in the Theme Challenge. Consult my FAQ for the calculations and details.

User Info: JayLJohnston

JayLJohnston
3 years ago#7
I went from getting the 100k prize (gold medal) to finishing my house and starting theme challenges. My next score was 190k points and I never got the 150k point prize. I wonder if I have to disable the theme challenge to get that prize.
Am I leaking?

User Info: Stormfeather

Stormfeather
3 years ago#8
Also tempted to disable the theme challenge - There's not enough storage to really swap out sets and store a whole bunch of them, and I don't really want all my "main" furniture to be of one overall theme. Especially when I'm trying to do it without spoiling, and apparently I have "barely any" theme-related stuff, with an almost full mermaid and lovely set. If those don't count as "fairy tale" what does? >_< Grrrr.

I guess I'll keep on trying it, but I am not gonna change a bunch of exterior items I want, to ones I don't want, since there's no catalog for them. Stupid weasel. Or whatever you are. *hits Lyle with a shovel*
Please insert witty quote here.

User Info: xAzNFoRcEx

xAzNFoRcEx
3 years ago#9
Enfusionist posted...
Is it solely based on whether each separate item is part of the Overall Theme? Specifically, are there bonus points in the Special Challenge for a complete Series/Set in the same room?

I can't find mention of this anywhere in the online FAQs/Guides.

Complete sets and series do not matter on the theme challenge. All your room, excluding basement should be roughly 90% of that specific theme.

If you do not have storage room to get rid of the wrong theme, make a new character. They each have their own storage space.

The challenge is actually easy. You just need to get rid of the wrong theme and your points will skyrocket.
3DS FC: 0430 8279 3215
AC:NL - Saito from The Void

User Info: britt72

britt72
3 years ago#10
I don't think the whole inside of the house needs to be the theme. I just started the VIP challenge yesterday and I have 610,000 pts. I have one room filled with balloon theme furniture and a room with all nintendo stuff. But my other rooms have all kinds of random stuff that don't fit the theme. So as far as I can tell you don't need to put everything else in storage. Just pick a room or two and make sure those rooms are 90% or more of that theme.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Do complete Series/Sets not matter in the VIP HHA Theme Special Challenge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived