This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gracie won't show! Villagers never request!

#21ZombieRainicornPosted 7/10/2013 7:44:32 PM
Apparently everyone read the original post and only saw the part about time traveling and felt the need to criticize and whine about it. That's not the point of the post! I don't even time travel and I'm sick of hearing about this.
#22OzymandiasIVPosted 7/10/2013 7:47:12 PM
ZombieRainicorn posted...
Apparently everyone read the original post and only saw the part about time traveling and felt the need to criticize and whine about it. That's not the point of the post! I don't even time travel and I'm sick of hearing about this.

Funny that you say this... when you clearly haven't read every post in this topic but decided to go ahead and lump them all in under your criticism.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.
#23Bunnhy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:04:15 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
Vegan Carnivore posted...
Gracie isn't showing because you have jumped to a different month. You need to be in the month where you first saw her.

What kind of BS is this? You have to pass 4 fashion checks from her, and there's no reason why you would have to do it in the first month you saw her, whatever that means (this would prevent a lot of people from getting her without TTing, if true).

TC, I time travel like crazy. I had bad lucky getting Gracie as well. Eventually, I decided it was time to the get the upgrade, so I time traveled forward to the next Monday, set the clock to 12 (thought this doesn't really matter), and then checked the plaza. If she wasn't there, I did my shopping at TIY and the Able Sisters (my fossil collection was finished at this point, so I didn't have to go looking for fossils), and then I'd save, advance forward one day, check the plaza, go shopping, rinse, repeat. Less than 5 minutes in town per day.

I read that she only appears on weekdays, so I'd skip Saturday and Sunday if she didn't show up during the first week. She always appeared within a two week period. Once she appears, whether you pass her check or not, skip to the first Monday of the next month, or, if you got her at the end of the month, skip ahead two months (just to be safe). I had the final upgrade within a couple of hours.

Lols I like your sig. Regular show right? :D

And maybe im just unlucky with gracie. Villagers have requested some stuff but not much. I guess you just have to play for at least 15 min and walk around and theyll approach you.
---
Fc: 156428208815
Town: Glitz
#24Bunnhy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:05:58 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
ZombieRainicorn posted...

Funny that you say this... when you clearly haven't read every post in this topic but decided to go ahead and lump them all in under your criticism.

Well it was only one person who said anything. The rest were pretty helpful.
---
#25wingblade98Posted 7/10/2013 9:07:04 PM
XmortalX posted...
wingblade98 posted...
Bunnhy posted...
Vegan Carnivore posted...
Gracie isn't showing because you have jumped to a different month. You need to be in the month where you first saw her.

I HAVENT seen her. :/ I spent more than 100, 000 bells ordering on the catalog and she hasnt shown.

catalogue doesn't work. it HAS to be stuff inside the shop

The catalog if it works, I bought 25k for the third upgrade "Super T & T". And if it worked. Maybe you've done wrong account.

huh?
---
R.I.P gamegrumps
killed by a steam train
#26DoomerangPosted 7/10/2013 9:13:13 PM
I play games to win. If I wanted to wait 24hrs or 6months for my town to expand or for other stuff I would play the "game" called real life. Thank you very much. Yeah im neutral I dont care if you do or don't. I don't sit on my high horse and judge others gameplay.

While I'm neutral about TT, I have to say that this logic has no footing in AC. AC isn't a game you play to "win"; there's nothing to actually win in the game. The end goal is to continue playing and keeping your town healthy for as long as possible, and even then that's not the goal for every gamer. You say that waiting for 24 hours or six months = you would play the game called real life... but, uh, TC.... this is a life sim. It's SUPPOSED to be like real life in that regard.

I understnad if you want to time travel, but dont use the "lol Im not gonna wait otherwise no reazun to ply over reeel life" logic.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#27banjo kazooiePosted 7/10/2013 9:20:14 PM
I remember, back when I was TTing in WW, I'd very, very rarely get visitors of any description. I got a hell of a lot more when I stopped. I don't know if they still fudge the visitor rate when you TT, but it's something to consider.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#28Bunnhy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:23:42 PM
Doomerang posted...
I play games to win. If I wanted to wait 24hrs or 6months for my town to expand or for other stuff I would play the "game" called real life. Thank you very much. Yeah im neutral I dont care if you do or don't. I don't sit on my high horse and judge others gameplay.

While I'm neutral about TT, I have to say that this logic has no footing in AC. AC isn't a game you play to "win"; there's nothing to actually win in the game. The end goal is to continue playing and keeping your town healthy for as long as possible, and even then that's not the goal for every gamer. You say that waiting for 24 hours or six months = you would play the game called real life... but, uh, TC.... this is a life sim. It's SUPPOSED to be like real life in that regard.

I understnad if you want to time travel, but dont use the "lol Im not gonna wait otherwise no reazun to ply over reeel life" logic.

Why not? I can use that logic if I feel like it. You dont command me. You aren't neutral. Otherwise you wouldnt have posted your rant.
---
#29KoopaSoupPosted 7/10/2013 9:36:58 PM
Bunnhy posted...
A few things:

Second. I have the red market T.I.Y. which I'm pretty sure its the second to last. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Gracie shows up even if you TT because I saw some girl who had her and she said she TT a lot.

I tried the swimming bit and it worked once. I guess I'll just have to keep doing that. My villagers tend to dissappear often so it's annoying -__-

Thanks to all the helpful replies. :) at least you all can read.

If you play games to win, then why are you playing a game like Animal Crossing? You can't "beat" it in any conventional sense of the word, it just keeps on going.
---
Most Anticipated: SSB for Wii U and 3DS
Currently Playing: SSB Brawl, Minecraft, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#30DoomerangPosted 7/11/2013 11:10:14 AM
Bunnhy posted...

Why not? I can use that logic if I feel like it. You dont command me. You aren't neutral. Otherwise you wouldnt have posted your rant.

So.... pointing out the fallacy in "winning" an unwinnable game is ranting now? Also, yes, I AM neutral regarding TT. I personally don't do it, but don't have anything against people who do. I simply pointed out that the reason you gave - of your own accord, without anyone even asking - was nonsensical.

Getting defensive over the smallest things isn't going to help you.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles